Sports Maserati brake discs - third group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbe

Junior Member
Messages
70
Sorry, but my opinion is that it is no longer up to MAF to decide which route we are going to take. Because if MAF would decide that he sees no use in naming a party or going to court, what then?
The moment is here to take action, not sit back, wait and hope.
 

GeoffCapes

Centenary Club
Messages
7,478
Sorry, but my opinion is that it is no longer up to MAF to decide which route we are going to take. Because if MAF would decide that he sees no use in naming a party or going to court, what then?
The moment is here to take action, not sit back, wait and hope.
I don't know if you know MAF (Mark), but he is certainly not the sort of bloke to take this (or anything) lying down.
He will be doing all he possibly can to get this resolved.

He's offered to pay everyone back out of his own pocket if this goes wrong. Something he certainly doesn't have to do.
 

Robbe

Junior Member
Messages
70
I do not know MAF, and I have no reason to doubt his intentions, and refunding everybody out of his own pocket is certainly not something he needs to do when a third party took our money.
That money would be very hard to accept.
But as far as I know, this happened already a year ago, and his diplomatic (I assume) approach has not worked, clearly.
So I am not saying he should be passed in this, but I am saying that MAF as well needs to realise this has gone too far. We, the people that lost the money, need to know who is responsible.
 

Robbe

Junior Member
Messages
70
Spoke to MAF yesterday he's already had a solicitor look at it and the sticking point is a lack of paperwork involved in the transaction.
Ok, I am not a sollicitor, but if you look at it even with layman's eyes, there should be proof in emails, and bank wire transfers. No need for an official invoice.
I assume there are emails and bank wire transcripts?
 

Robbe

Junior Member
Messages
70
I am sure all persons involved from this side are doing their best to resolve this, let me make that clear. And I appreciate the efforts, let me emphasize that as well.
Also I am not saying that anybody is taking this lying down, as I do not know any details about what has actually happened in the deal other then a middle man took our money.
My apologies if I insulted anybody.
But I hope you all agree that a year after the payment/fraud or whatever it is, it is time for serious action.
And I do not understand why it has taken this long for the fact to surface that we have been had.
And as it is more difficult for me to take direct action as I live in The Netherlands, it is frustrating as well.
 
Messages
2,422
I also agree that its time for the motor factor to be given an ultimatum. They either give the money back within 14 days (or whatever timeframe is deemed reasonable), or face the consequences (and costs) of legal action and adverse publicity.

But as there are approximately 50 of us in this, should we vote on this?
 
Messages
1,970
I also agree that its time for the motor factor to be given an ultimatum. They either give the money back within 14 days (or whatever timeframe is deemed reasonable), or face the consequences (and costs) of legal action and adverse publicity.

But as there are approximately 50 of us in this, should we vote on this?
Ewan - I agree, I also want to emphasise I don't hold MAF responsible
 

GeoffCapes

Centenary Club
Messages
7,478
I can top that. I spent 25k on shares in a Nigerian Oil company (London based) 11 years ago today and haven’t seen a penny.

Life goes on.
 

Robbe

Junior Member
Messages
70
Wait, wait a minute. Are you saying this is all a scam? Hope not!

I assume MAF has been contacted by now about how he feels about telling the name of the guy who ripped him/us off?
Would appreciate to hear about that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.