Servicing

lozcb

If you live a little out in the wilds and your stuck for sevicing your Maserat worth checking to see if your nearest Alfa dealer has SD2/3 just so happens mine at Leighton Buzzard has got it , Luckily they are a helpful bunch and have been more than willing to cross reference some parts , example Alfa cooling fan relay 30 amp £8.50 = Maserati F1 pump relay £35.00 same relay

They are quite willing to undertake all the service schedules at considerable savings to Maserati Main Dealer rates, Perhaps in my case as the reason why there bending over backwards for me is the owner John Lake has got 4 Massers in his stable ;) how cool is that

regards loz

Parisien

Loz....have many people taken advantage of this, must phone my nearest Alfa garage......85 miles away.....;).........but only 1/2 mile from the only franchise Maserati garage in Belfast.....am sure they won't be allowed to have same if it encroached on their market!

P

Parisien

Just phoned, they have a system called "Examiner"....they don't seem to know if its the same or different...anyone else know?

P

alfamaserman

Perhaps Loz's good fortune is because [as far as I know] his Alfa place is an Independent and NOT part of the main network. I'm not sure if the official lot carry the SD2/3 stuff. Still, it might be worth checking out elsewhere.

nfm

Great idea Loz - it may turn on local experience. My main dealer experience of getting the 156 serviced was pretty poor and I wouldn't let that crowd near the Maser.

That said I know Alfa have done a lot to improve dealerships so perhaps it is better now (long time since the 156 saw a main dealer - it is 12 now).

Cheers

Emtee

Just phoned, they have a system called "Examiner"....they don't seem to know if its the same or different...anyone else know?

Hi P, the Examiner is the Fiat/Alfa diagnostic platform and, in standard form, I do not believe it will diagnose a Maserati (other than generic fault code perhaps). The Maserati and Ferrari SD2/3 platforms are very similar to each other and can be flashed to read each others codes, but remember these are V8 / V12 platforms, whereas the Examiner isn't, so I'm not sure you'd be able to 'flash' the examiner to give you Maserati V8 diagnosis even if you wanted to try.

Emtee

Thanks for that Emtee.........can rule that one out then! P

P, I can't back up my comments above with absolute certainty, as I don't know the detail of the programming in each unit, but that's how I've had it described to me by those far more knowledgeable than I. Roberts Aerospace would be a good place to get a definitive answer, as he seems to know his stuff by all accounts.

Andyk

If you live a little out in the wilds and your stuck for sevicing your Maserat worth checking to see if your nearest Alfa dealer has SD2/3 just so happens mine at Leighton Buzzard has got it , Luckily they are a helpful bunch and have been more than willing to cross reference some parts , example Alfa cooling fan relay 30 amp £8.50 = Maserati F1 pump relay £35.00 same relay

They are quite willing to undertake all the service schedules at considerable savings to Maserati Main Dealer rates, Perhaps in my case as the reason why there bending over backwards for me is the owner John Lake has got 4 Massers in his stable ;) how cool is that

regards loz

This really pees me off..Same parts different price...It show that just because the cars cost 80k plus they think we sould pay inflated prices.....This must be the way to go for older cars if the dealer is willing to do it.

reservoirfrog

I'm waiting for a new info centre control unit. a main dealer wanted around 1k for it, an indy alfa garage are supplying it for 500, they are getting it from.........................................a main dealer !!
nuf said !!

Andyk

Shocking......Lets get a petition up...................Don't now what to put on it but it sounds good...

Emtee

I'm waiting for a new info centre control unit. a main dealer wanted around 1k for it, an indy alfa garage are supplying it for 500, they are getting it from.........................................a main dealer !!
nuf said !!

Let us know how you get on Rob? Could be a good one for the 'alternative parts' section...

reservoirfrog

Is'nt there a list somewhere of recomended indies frank, I was very suprised ,and very pleased of course, when this alfa guy could get the same part from the same main dealer, name with held, at what amounts to half price.
this is probably the way I will allways go in the future.

Parisien

So am I Rob actually................seems bizarre though....but same with the F1 pump......not £300 odd off Alfa!

P