Alfa builds blue MiTos for new partner Maserati

conaero

Forum Owner
As part of closer ties between the Maserati and Alfa Romeo brands, Alfa will build 100 special versions of its MiTo painted in Maserati's ocean blue signature color.

The MiTos will be equipped with the most powerful engine in the entry-premium car's range, a 170hp, 1.4-liter turbocharged gasoline engine.

The limited edition MiTos will be delivered to dealers in Maserati's European dealer network to be used as courtesy cars.

Other top-end specifications in the MiTos will be Poltrona Frau leather seats, automatic dual-zone air conditioning, bi-xenon headlights and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Fiat S.p.A., which owns the two sporty Italian brands, said on Jan. 22 that it will merge Alfa, Maserati and Abarth into single brand group headed by Harald J. Wester, who is currently CEO of Maserati and Abarth as well as chief technical officer at Fiat Group and Fiat Group Automobiles.

102.jpg

103.jpg

urbanmaser

When I took my Maserati to HR Owen I expected the usual Ferrari red Fiat 500 courtesy car..........instead they have given me a red Alfa Mito. I have to say it is wicked. It is so much fun to drive if a little basic. I can only imagine that the GTA version due out later this year should prove to be a real riot.

conaero

Forum Owner
When the wifes Grande Punto lease is up in 12 months, I think I am going to go for one of those, if Alfa are still around. I have heard a rumour that zee Germans are sniffing round the brand, looks like Lambo and Alfa will be under the same group again soon.

The MiTo is the same as the Grande Punto and it is a very good little platform......same old Fiat!

What are your thoughts of the VAG getting Alfa, initially I thought no way, but the more I think about it, the more I think it will be a winner, as long as VAG keep production in its spiritual home and done do a Golf/Seat clone. The Alfa will need its own identity and its own development budget and still produced at Centro Stile.