Points on licence

markp4200

Don't know if this is covered elsewhere,
but I have just got off the phone from my insurance co. updating info with my lastest 'ticket' (actually in Feb).
A small increase in premium (£18).

Made me wonder who else has succumbed to the cameras?

I have had three previous tickets in 2005 (2) and 2006.
Have I got away lightly or have other had similar problems?

Driving the 4200, even gently, puts us in danger of these damnable cameras.
Enough has been said about the injustice of them, but please tell all about your accumulation of points.

lozcb

Fortunately for me Mark , im still points free, Milton Keynes only has two working camera's that i know of , so its a blast driving round here , When i go further afield i am always on my guard , the section of M1, 20 miles north or south of MK has up untill recently been camera free and relatively police free again always a fun blast , but that is all changing now with the new upgrades to the A421 to Bedford link with average speed camera's being in place , so im sure my fun will coming to an end soon

regards loz

Parisien

Yup....it looks like we....anti-social V8 390bhp Maseratisti types are going the way of drink drivers/4X4 owners and worse......the dinosaurs of the road....over here in NI there are very few static cameras in the countryside but irregular frequent speed traps keep you on your toes...way of the world, even the French are getting in on the act as to date they had deemed socially un-acceptable!!!!

I know the French can calculate average speeds from your entry and exit tickets on the autoroute and people have been caught, you often see police cars parked at the various toll booths awaiting their prey, or accompanying you to the nearest cash point!!!!!!

C'est la vie!

P

PS No points yet...fingers crossed!!!!

Peter

About 12 years ago I lost my licence for 6 months. This was due to getting 12 points over a period of time. It is not something I would recommend, as if the ban was bad enough trying to get re-insured after you get your licence back is a nightmare. You are treated in the same way as a drink driver! I think I was paying something like £2000 a year for third party insurance on an astra worth about £500! I could not afford the £7000 or so they wanted to insure me on my newish Vauxhall Vectra!

Maser Sod

I've never been nabbed by a Gatso but got caught twice last year by police with speed guns (got off one offence due to incorrect paperwork).

urbanmaser

Been driving since 1967. In that time I have only ever been stopped once for speeding about 25 years ago I was done for 35mph in a 30mph zone.........stupid policeman accused me of behaving like Stirling Moss

Theoretically you are supposed to declare points to your insurance company. My wife was done for the first time in her life for talking on a mobile phone. She decalred it to the insurance company and the bastards put her premium up 30%.......who said honest pays :)

Last edited:

lozcb

Been driving since 1967. In that time I have only ever been stopped once for speeding about 25 years ago I was done for 35mph in a 30mph zone.........stupid policeman accused me of behaving like Stirling Moss

Obviously didn't know you , where was his last beat ST Dunstans or sommet

regards loz

Fezza

I just got caught doing 42 in a 30 where one side of the road is 40mphwith the other side 30mp and no signs for half a mile! which apparently as it’s the min speed limit they don’t need to have these. The road rarely has any public walking on that path and of course I wasn’t driving erratic but of course this is a numbers game not one for minimising risk to the public as they suggest. Like all road duty only as proportion is spent on the road the rest is spent on Duck Island where there is a plot for an alliance between the Ducks and the local moles who can now burrow through tarmac roads as we have seen and now plan to take over the world! Sorry lost it then.

This is the second time last time ,first was in 2006 by gatso and this time by man with hairdryer so it’s still shows on my licence but after checking my insurance even with the new points it makes very little difference in cost so I am not going to lose sleep over it.
I did though congratulate him on having solved all other outstanding crimes leaving them with little choice but to find new crimes to solve....he looked a little lost. The strange thing is when they attack the motorist for such reasons they then wonder why the rate of non taxed and insured vehicles is rising placing us at far greater risk but hey I will now stick to 30mph in that road.

Well done them.

urbanmaser

London.......he stepped out from behind a tree with his radar gun. He acted like this was the biggest bust of his career........Toe Rag :hammer2

conaero

Forum Owner
Must admit, I am on par with Loz, managed to stay points free, dont know how, as I am heavy footed. I think its either blind luck or the fact that I dont speed over the crest or down hills. If I am going to boot it, I always do it on an incline, and to date, its worked well.

As for cameras, dont see that many to be honest down here...or rather I know where all the blighters are, like these guys:

Warning, there is some swearing:

[video=youtube;-Bw2C_XR64Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bw2C_XR64Y[/video]

conaero

Forum Owner
I always give the local kids the toot and the thumbs up when I see them standing in front of the local camera, waving a coke can on a string round their heads...it goes off like a strobe at the local disco!

:tomato7::tomato7::tomato7::tomato7::tomato7: