Brooklands??!!

dem maser

I went to brooklands last year where i had a lovely time was wondering if thats going ahead this year as i have not heard anything, bristol is alwaus week or so earlier then its brooklands right?? I want to see you all there as last year the gathering was brilliant

Paul L

Sponsor
Hi Dem

Yes, Brooklands is happening and falls a week after the Bristol event on Saturday 1st May.

I am going along to the event but visiting the Auto Italian Magazine web site I found this posted about volume of cars attending and need to get there very early or pre-book.

An important improvement has been made to our premier Italian car event which affects displaying Italian cars. To streamline entry to the museum and to avoid congestion at the Brooklands Road entrance, we strongly recommend pre-booking for displaying cars. To avoid disappointment and to ensure that your Italian car is part of the display contact www.brooklandsmuseumshop.com. Late arrivals and all non-Italian cars will be directed to the public parking area at The Heights off Wellington Way. Clubs can still take advantage of exclusive group entry via Mercedes Benz World. For details contact Phil Ward at phil.ward@chpltd.com

Club Information
Club organisers are advised that your club can now access the display area via the river bridge from Mercedes Benz World. To take advantage of this special offer, club cars must arrive together from a local pre-arranged assembly point. Group pre-booking is essential.
To reserve your club’s display area and for pre-booking information contact Phil Ward at phil.ward@chpltd.com

Advance entry prices: Adults £10, Seniors £9, Children £5, Family £28.
On the day entry prices: Adults £12, Seniors £10, Children £6, Family £30.

Last date for your advance ticket purchase is April 16th.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hum, as I am not going to Bristol, I may attend this one. Its not too far for me and I used to live in Woking and Guildford, so its an old stomping ground for me.

conaero

Forum Owner
Great idea. Lets let this ride for a few days so we can all check availability then sure, lets do it.

The benefits of doing this is that we will all be together, and a place like Brooklands, Maserati actually means something, so we should get a great spot.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hum, ok, I have matching hot pants also if you want to really make an impact

lozcb

Think its about time we started a list for this one , loads going on for all the family, Brooklands has a great history and rumour has it Terry Wogans protege will be turning up in his California and Vicki Butler Henderson doing the hill climb and a good collection of Classics to boot

]Brooklands Saturday May the 1st

Cut and Paste your name in the normal way

Dem Maser
Lozcb
Paul L

Last edited:

Paul L

Sponsor
Sorry, Matt!

Are you saying you cannot make it?

Surely, allowing the other half the chance to drive to Brooklands and view auto-italian at its best is way better than flowers and an expensive meal for two and an overnight in a 5 star hotel?
Brooklands have burgers and cans of Coke, is this not enough?

Only joking!!

They do hot dogs as well I hear!

Sorry to hear that you are not able to join us,

conaero

Forum Owner
Yes, gona have to pass, the missus hates cars, and we are booked in over in East Sussex for the weekend.

I could try the sat navs playing up, but I dont fancy my chances of making it home with my nuts still in place.

lozcb

Brooklands Saturday May the 1st

Dem Maser
Lozcb
Paul L
Phil H
Roger

C'Mon guys this is Brooklands were talking about , we need more cars attending from Sportmaserati , do i really have to ring Chris Evans to offer free attempts of the hill climb in his California to Bribe more people to come :thumb3: Get cutting and pasting guys

Just had a reply back from Phil,ward

Loz,

Sorry not to have replied earlier.

If you have not already done so contact Valerie Mills at Brooklands who will arrange for your group pre-booking and entry via Mercedes Benz World.

ValMills@BrooklandsMuseum.com

Pre-booking for individuals is advisable but not essential. It just helps to avoid the queues at the Brooklands Road entrance. Nobody in a Maserati will be turned away.

Regards,

Phil

regards loz

Last edited:

SimonM

Wedding anniversary that weekend, booger!

Ditto I'm afraid!

(I would like to make it clear that I am not in any sort of long term relationship with Matthew, and this is purely coincidental...)

Last edited:

Paul L

Sponsor
Hi Loz, I saw your post regarding a reply from Phil at Brooklands.

Are you contacting Val Or should we all register individually with Val to say we are coming?

Reading the Brooklands web site, yesterday Friday 16th was the cut off for buying tickets in advance. But then paying on the day is not a real issue as long as stated bu Phil no Massers will be turned away and we get there for gates opening!

lozcb

Dont think it will be a problem buying direct online or through Val Phil has taken some time to get back to me over 2 weeks , thats why he said no massers will be turned away , best and easiest at this late stage to do it individually , im probably going to be picking up Maurizio's friend Manilo if he wants come so i may be a tad late depending on traffic

regards loz

Paul L

Sponsor
Dear All, a note from Brooklands that if you wish to pay in advance and have tickets sent to you they can be purchased still but only for a very short time, see below

Cheers Paul L

Hi Paul

We have extended ticket purchase to today, so please use www.brooklandsmuseumshop.com to purchase your tickets – this will be available until tomorrow morning.

If you miss this, please contact the Museum Shop by telephone on 01932 857381 ext 268 as they will take orders over the telephone until Thursday; after that advance tickets will only be available in person at the Museum Shop.

Kind regards

Valerie

Valerie Mills
Commercial Manager
Brooklands Museum Trust Ltd,
Brooklands Rd, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0QN
Company registered in England No.2109945
Registered Charity No. 296661 VAT No. 584 2633 25
Tel: +44 1932 857 381 ext 255; Fax: +44 1932 855 465
Forthcoming events:
April 18th: Brooklands Spring Motorcycle Gathering
May 1st: Auto Italia Italian Car Day
May 3rd: Emergency Services Day
June 5th & 6th: 'The Brooklands Double Twelve'
Our Events list is subject to change so please check our website at www.brooklandsmuseum.com for up to date details.