Boot failing to close on first attempt.

Parisien

I always have to raise and drop the boot lid for a second time to get it to close - just letting it close by its own weight, simple fix/adjustment of something or?

Thanks!

P

conaero

Forum Owner
I had the same issue on the 3200, adjusted it and it was much worse. Adjusted it again, and it was much better. The GS is perfect.

I would have a go on the adjustment, but it could be air lock that is stopping it from closing when done hard.

Grease it all up will help, it might be sticking and not returning the catch on the first effort, and pings back when dropped hard.

Hope this helps

Matt

Nigelo

You are probably trying too hard. Try letting the boot drop from about 1/3rd open or perhaps a touch less - Works every time for me. Too high = too much force = bouncing in and out of the latch

hope this helps

cowsurgeon

Same for me - when I got my 3200 I found it wouldn't shut if 'I' closed it, but will every time if I let it close itself. Best released from just below the angle where it would stay open were you to balance it...

cowsurgeon

Cheers Matt! Just nipped outside and took it - got fed up with seeing everyone else's pride and joy and nothing next to my name. Best bit (visually) of the 3200 in my opinion, and the view most people will have of it!

Parisien

You are probably trying too hard. Try letting the boot drop from about 1/3rd open or perhaps a touch less - Works every time for me. Too high = too much force = bouncing in and out of the latch

hope this helps

Nope Nigelo, am just dropping it from 6 inches or so, it rebounds more if you use some force......

P

lozcb

Definately a little fine adjustment needed and some lightly greased catches

regards loz

nigw

Both of my 3200s have required a gentle close of the boot - slam it and they don't catch.