Smartphone advertising gets all classed-up with Maserati launch

conaero

Forum Owner
Luxury car maker Maserati has made its first foray into the rich-media territory of smartphone advertising. With 4th Screen Advertising, it has launched a campaign targeted specifically at smartphone owners for it's newest model of GranTourismo - the convertible GranCabrio.

What's the deal here?
4th Screen Advertising runs its own advertising platform called Mpression, which supports a rich-media format called iSlide. Using iSlide, Maserati and media agency MEC have created a display campaign for the GranCabrio. The banners will slide out to fill the whole screen of whatever smartphone you're using - Mpression works cross platform. Clicking the ad brings you to a landing page with info about the GranCabrio, including the option to book a test drive.

This is the first time Maserati will have used such a media intense campaign on mobile - but it has already said it intends to do more mobile marketing later this year. This particular campaign will be part of a larger marketing drive incorporating on-line and press ads.

Will Rusack, 4th Screen Account Manager said: “Detailed analysis of TGI and Comscore, which provides information on target demographic groups and Mobile behaviour, showed that Maserati's customer base correlates highly with smartphone consumers. More than this, new smartphone demographics allow us to execute high-quality campaigns based on an array of campaign parameters and this is essential for Maserati's brand. We are delighted to be working and engaging with such a premium brand and it is a sign of the growing maturity of mobile as an advertising channel. Mobile is the perfect platform to allow Maserati to truly engage with potential customers on a one to one personal basis.â€

What we think?
Comparatively, Maserati is pretty late to this game. Luxury car brands have a good history of running successful campaigns on mobile in general and on smartphones in particular.

Source: http://www.gomonews.com/

lozcb

I must be really thick , can you tell me what it means in laymans speak never heard of islides mpression platforms gobbeldy **** to me is it something i need or can live the rest of my life without it

regards loz

conaero

Forum Owner
Loz, your smartphone is going to be the next area where you are going to be bombarded with advertising. This has mainly come about from the advent of the Apple Iphone.

Basically, eveytime you do something on your smart phone, from checking the weather to watching a movie, you are going to become subject to adverts.

To be honest, I hate this....and I am in advertising.

Have you noticed how, especially on Sky, the volume goes up when the adverts come on, and the sheer amount of them now. We have started Sky+ what we want to watch, waiting 15mins and then this gives you the opportunity to skip the ads.

There is a real market for a gizmo that senses adverts, turns the screen black and plays some relaxing music instead....maybe with a countdown to the programme start?

lozcb

Guess in that case my builders rubberised shock proof butterfingers samsung phone doesn't fall into that catergory , me and Kaz have been saying for quite a while now that any new Gizmo that couldr sense or eradicte / reduce the volume on adverts is going to be a huge seller

regards loz

conaero

Forum Owner
Loz, get an iphone, you can browse SportsMaserati.com on the move, anywhere in the world.

lozcb

Loz, get an iphone, you can browse SportsMaserati.com on the move, anywhere in the world.

Nope quite happy to stay in the dark ages , and not be bombarded by adverts more than 10 buttons on any phone and i get flumoxed

regards loz

conaero

Forum Owner
So, when we go to Le Mans, are you taking your lappy with you? Whats the situation with broadband...any neighbours let us wander on to theirs...can you ask the question.

With me, you, Frank and Enz offline for 5 days, this place will be like that other forum, over the road.

:beach:

Parisien

So, when we go to Le Mans, are you taking your lappy with you? Whats the situation with broadband...any neighbours let us wander on to theirs...can you ask the question.

With me, you, Frank and Enz offline for 5 days, this place will be like that other forum, over the road.

:beach:

S**T......hadn't thought of that......must give my mate my password and 16 pages of messages to type on here at hourly intervals over the 5 days...or more actually...........;)...:)

SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P