GT auto

GTS 08

saw a black GT auto today - new one.

the guy had parked it so close to the kerb it was ridiculous - the alloys right against the concrete.

I checked all four - each one kerbed to ****. and not just on the edges - he'd done a real job on them - the auto alloys are different and they protrude a little.

what is wrong with him?

obviously doesnt care.

I am paranoid about this - especially after the glossy blacks (mentioned this just for you andyk!)

conaero

Forum Owner
I remember I was at HR Owen last Ace Cafe meet in Feb, and we had a factory tour. While the other guys were being shown round the tyre shop, I noticed a 2 year old GT up on a ramp.

I was bloody shocked at the condition, all alloys curbed to ****, bumper corners all scuffed, ding after ding down the flanks, it was so upsetting to see some half whit treat something so beautiful so badly. I spoke to Tony, the manager about it and they see alot like that. **** shame, seems these cars are falling into the hands of people who just dont understand the marque.

Criminal!

urbanmaser

Well nobody could be more fastidious about their car than me and as yet with all the precautions and dipping wing mirrors \i have managed to kerb all my wheels. This is not bad enough to warrant repairing them yet but \i am so annoyed with myself. We all know that sick feeling of the wheel grinding against the kerb.

Andyk

Never kurbed a wheel. I wouold have to get it done straight away if i did as it would be playing on my mind and I wouldn't be able to sleep......Shouldn't have said that as I bet it will bloody happen today..

GTS 08

sure - it will happen UM

but this fella didnt seem to care - could tell by the way he parked.

and all 4

Parisien

Well nobody could be more fastidious about their car than me and as yet with all the precautions and dipping wing mirrors \i have managed to kerb all my wheels. This is not bad enough to warrant repairing them yet but \i am so annoyed with myself. We all know that sick feeling of the wheel grinding against the kerb.

Sorry UM...am laughing/empathising at your utter honesty and humility.....have to agree.........though.......it really.................REALLY pisses me off....usually just a light scrape but you just hate doing it!!!

:(

P

Parisien

I remember I was at HR Owen last Ace Cafe meet in Feb, and we had a factory tour. While the other guys were being shown round the tyre shop, I noticed a 2 year old GT up on a ramp.

I was bloody shocked at the condition, all alloys curbed to ****, bumper corners all scuffed, ding after ding down the flanks, it was so upsetting to see some half whit treat something so beautiful so badly. I spoke to Tony, the manager about it and they see alot like that. **** shame, seems these cars are falling into the hands of people who just dont understand the marque.

Criminal!

This is a common feature in Paris........on nearly all cars ..........BUT........you almost never see it on high end cars because......

1. They use proper carparking in the city centre.

2. They have access to private parking (these cars are nearly twice the price than in the UK)

3. They park illegally...ALL the time as the cost of the ticket is far less than in UK....plus the cost of repair is so high......it pays for itself!!!!

P

nfm

The French attitude is so different. All the small cars are trashed and they just don't seem to repair the dents/scrapes.

Sat at a cafe in Nice last week and watched a traffic jam caused by a securicor type van parking across the entrance to an underground car park. Huge tail back and muct tooting of horns. Eventually the van backs up, straight into the car behind and then drives off! Amazingly the (small) car then just drives into the car park. In the UK they would all have been out of the vehicles shouting at each other and exchanging paper work.

Vive the difference!