some quick opinions needed an wheel colour before morning

Gullible

Hi Guys,
I have a azzurro argentina coloured Spyder and it has the 7 spoke alloys in a very light silver.
I was thinking of having them redone and have booked them in for the morning.
However i am not entirely sure what colour would be best for the cars light blue.
The votes are
keep the light silver colour
or
go for a very dark grey metallic.
I am not sure which would work best so need a little guidance.
Adam
S21YDR1.jpgS21YDR3.jpg

Andyk

Anthracite or black chrome maybe.....I have black chrome on my M5..Sorry to spoil the forum but here's a pic to show you what the colour like...They look darker in certain light...Saying that Adam they look great as they are as well..

IMGP1719.jpg

Gullible

Anthracite is an option but its on a dark car.
ts the light blue that is making me hesitate to change.
I am just trying to get moneys worth as i have to have them redone properly as they have been sprayed and wet laquered
adam

Andyk

Your wish........Maserati use a sort of black Chrome on the QP GTS...

This one shows them looking darker...

IMGP1711-1.jpg

Last edited:

Woody

Personally, I'd leave them as they are......thats how they were intended to look :)

Parisien

Em, not keen on the 7 spokers.............what about the 16 spokers.......think they are more classy.....?

P

Gullible

Nah not for me Par,they would be replaced if it had them.Sorry but its all a matter of taste i guess.
My original purchaser paid a good bit extra for the 7 spokers and she had a choice of silver or anthracite grey.
need more feedback on colour choice guys.
I will go with the general concensus.
adam

Andyk

Em, not keen on the 7 spokers.............what about the 16 spokers.......think they are more classy.....?

P

I'm at the opposite end...Think the 7 spoke make th car look much better and modern...Strainge how we all see different things.

ENZ525

I really like the look of the black chrome shown in Andy's pics,
but think the light silver suits your spider better Adam.
Regards,
Enzo.

Andyk

Think I agree with Enzo, because of the colour of your car they look great in silver...There are lots of different silvers though.

Gullible

seems the general consensus is to keep them silver ...so be it.
many thanks for the input
Pete on the other forum sent me some images of his grey wheels on the same car and i think i prefer the silver wheels on mine.
thanks everyone
adam

Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
Id stick with silver too, dont like the black on your car, it looks too aftermarket.

lozcb

Sorry Guys im the odd one again , deep black metallic gloss flake for me , both mine are graphite and im bored with them altho it covers up the brake dust nicely for a while, next time for me will be Gloss Black metallic , and i think it would suit that blue too , so long as the wheels were put back on straight

regards loz

Gullible

Update:
I have asked for them all to be restored to factory condition silver and as they do the maserati and ferrari wheels for carrs,they have the right colours.
I have also managed to get a complete set of front and rear Ultrac sassanta for £540 (all in) so will have the Pzero removed from the front and have Vreidstein all round.
Anyone want an as new( 8oo miles ago) used set of Pirrelliu P zero Rosso front tyres? for £180+ delivery?
Not kerbed damaged but like near new.
PM Me