Servicing Costs for a year

urbanmaser

Ok I am coming up to one year of Maserati ownership and for me the costs have been surprisingly low if you take out of the equation the cost of fuel, insurance, depreciation and Navtrak. I was expecting it to be much worse with main dealer servicing

Wheel Refurbishment £300-00

Annual Service £1200-00

Clutch £450-00 (labour under warranty changing spigot bearing)

Total Costs £1,950 inclusive of Vat......Mileage covered circa 2,800 miles Total mileage of car 11,000 miles

What has your Maserati cost you in 12 months of ownership???????............this might give a newbie a fair insight into what they might expect. I don't want to think of the cost if I was to add in all the other variables like fuel and depreciation etc

safrane

OK,

Over 2 years and 15k miles.

New Wiper Motor FOC Warranty claim
4x Rear tyres, £600
2x Front Tyres £300
56k Service with new Aux drive Belt £765
62k Service, New Drop Links, Full fluids Change, New G/Box Actuator cover, Xenon Adjuster, Other bits and Bobs £2,300
Retro Fit Sat nav £8.99 [Thanks David]

Hate to think how much in fuel etc

urbanmaser

Safrane you have done better than me and I had loads done under warranty. This bit is depressing though with such a low mileage it works out at 70p per mile servicing costs.......allow for say £5,000 depreciation thats a further £1.78 per mile..........insurance and Navtrak thats around another 33p per mile

That makes £2.81 per mile and I haven't even factored in the cost of fuel which must be around another 40p per mile........Yikes £3.21 per mile conservative guess

Last edited:

dem maser

in 1 year ownership i have spent

servicing and cambelt £1500
potentiometers (not yet but will in few days) £600
radiator £700
some this and that like oil, diagnostic etc £100
total £2900

3k miles

Andyk

Had my 3200 for just under 19 months and had one service £1300 over 5k mikes...that was it. Think I was lucky to be honest.

conaero

Forum Owner
in 1 year ownership i have spent

servicing and cambelt £1500
potentiometers (not yet but will in few days) £600
radiator £700
some this and that like oil, diagnostic etc £100
total £2900

3k miles

£1 a mile plus fuel, depreciation and tax, ouch!

Sorry, not meant to make you feel bad.

lozcb

Difficult one this one for me , because i dont have any depreciation to factor in , in fact the opposite , my mileage is a bit higher than what seems average which brings costs down even further , i worked this out with the 4200 after 2 years of ownership , factoring in the an approx minimal sell up price of £12K fuel and servicing and the new F1 pump, it came out that i would of been better off to the tune that it would have paid me 24p a mile to drive it , cant be bad

regards loz

nfm

I will have owned my car one year this Saturday and was about to post about the costs, so this thread is well timed for me.

Overall I have found the car to be very reliable (touch wood etc) and in the c. 4,250 miles travelled the only issues of note have been:

• Reversing lights not working when the car was collected – fixed easily by me, simply by the fitting of a new sender beside the gear lever. I believe this was missed by the main dealer inspection on purchase (and me obviously!) and in fairness they posted me the part gratis.
• Dip bulb failure on driver’s side when home in N.I. at Christmas – fixed easily by Charles Hurst! (no way was I taking the car to bits in the snow and without any tools).
• Irritating squeak from driver’s side window. Fixed by spraying seal with silicon spray.

and that is it, outside servicing. Not bad at all for high maintenance Italian exotica.

As to running costs, in round sums it has been as follows (from memory, too lazy to dig out all the papers):

Insurance 500
Car Tax 190
Pair of front MPS2 340
31k service 1600 (at MP Supercars including tyre fitting, full alignment, MOT, bottom wishbone, rack gaiter, wipers & other misc stuff)
Petrol 1100 (assuming say 17mpg and £4.50 per gallon)
Depreciation 3000 (who knows? – bought privately, but not that cheaply)
Consumables 40 (bulb replacement - used no oil)
Paintwork 400 (to repair tiny crack in paint under rear lens, missed in purchase inspection)

Total £7170

Cost per mile £1.69

So most Saturday mornings when I go for my 20 mile blat down the coast road for the paper it costs me £34; an expensive newspaper!

However, compare it to say the costs of my Alfa 156 when new. It dropped £16k in the first 4 years in depreciation, so even at (a straight line) £4k p.a. all of a sudden the Maser costs little more to run than a newish Alfa. No comparison then and an easy choice!!! (If you are doing a low mileage, like me).

Things going well next year should cost a tad less (touch wood etc); I will need a pair of rear tyres but just an annual service. The clutch should be good for another 18k or so.

So there you go. Not cheap but then everything is relative; I have avoided new supercar depreciation and have been lucky enough to avoid horror story bills (touch wood yet again).

I did the same sums as above for the (11 ½ year old) Alfa and it comes out at £1575, or 37p per mile. Cheap fun but you simply can not compare the experience at all – only when you have driven the like of the Maser do you understand the difference between ordinary and supercars. Next year the Alfa cambelt service and a few tyres will be near as dammit the same as the value of the car!

Cheers

nfm

Thanks Frank

Never mind the practicalities, the experience has been fabulous, stupendous, wonderful, brilliant etc etc. I still feel like a kid with a new toy every time I walk up to it with the key in my hand. The novelty has not worn off in the slightest.

Cheers

Parisien

Thanks Frank

Never mind the practicalities, the experience has been fabulous, stupendous, wonderful, brilliant etc etc. I still feel like a kid with a new toy every time I walk up to it with the key in my hand. The novelty has not worn off in the slightest.

Cheers

Ditto nfm........it feels like Xmas everytime.........:)

P

urbanmaser

Picture of NFM feeling like a kid with a new toy :)

kid-with-toy-car.jpg (38.7 KB)

Attachments

• kid-with-toy-car.jpg
    kid-with-toy-car.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 49

nfm

V good........I could then mention the exterior aerial but this could run and run. We both need to get out more!

Cheers

Maser Sod

My only maintenance cost last year was servicing, which was £400 (**** Lovett Cardiff).

(I'm not counting the 7K spent on mods of course!)

DonnyMac

I'm currently at near 3,000 miles in three weeks - £0 costs so far (bar huge fuel bills, insurance and Navtrack) - is the 18.5 service a big one?

Oh, hello all, 1st post.