Alfa 33 Rebuild

CatmanV2

If it's that bad, sounds like there's something more than needing an ECU amiss. Mrs Catman's 1.7 Sprint was nothing like that

C

lisknik

If you don't mind me asking what body shop do you use?

Can't wait to get ours together sometime :)

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Although over 20 years ago, I can't remember my 33 Permanent 4 being gutless below 3000 rpm. Actually quite the opposite, quite grunty!!
It was pretty stock, just a K&N filter element and Autodelta straight through exhaust.

conaero

Forum Owner
Dicky, what are you going to do with all the spare time you will have when this is finally done?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Looking great, can't believe its so long since you discovered the contamination and had to almost start again on the body.

zagatoes30

The hours that have gone into this car and at last it seems to be nearing completion well done for hanging in there

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
One step forward and 5 steps back. Great perseverance mate, I'm impressed. Keep going and, in the end, you will have a car.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Good work!
Isn't the rot in the in the panels you had to replace due to the chemical dipping not been neutralised properly though?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Hopefully with your new panels and the dinitrol it should last.
Mine within 5 years old back in the 90's was not good, the doors were in a very poor state.

philw696

The power of rust especially on the older Italian and British never fails to surprise or shock me.
Nice cheeky shot of a SL Pagoda rear quarter :)

conaero

Forum Owner
The only downside is that its a French car from the 80's, its going to be a painful experience, believe me, Ive been there!