DRL 2013 LED headlights retrofit into 2008 GT

T10YYY

What do you guys think of this:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/granturismo/20191-led-headlights-my-2013-a.html

I really like this LED headlight upgrade! Has anyone here done it yet and would it be plug and play? Also seems like we need to remove the front bumper to fit. Is that an easy task on these or a big job??

For $995 a pair is a bargain in my opinion for original an original maz part! And they apparently have RHD versions on order for euro spec cars.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

conaero

Forum Owner
Well obviously the issue is the day light running wiring so if that is simple then I would go for it.

You would probably get at least £500 for your old ones too, what's not to like.

roger102

Getting them through customs will be interesting, import tax and duties will push the price up a fair bit

mowlas

Well obviously the issue is the day light running wiring so if that is simple then I would go for it.

You would probably get at least £500 for your old ones too, what's not to like.

You may be able to get the supplier to put up a significantly lower insurance value and send invoicing documents separately by mail. It's a risk (if it does get lost/damaged) but may be worth it. Without giving away too much let's just say I have the FD DBW/ECM installed in my car at pretty close to what the seller was selling at. ;)

roger102

HMRC are well wise to that scam. Most things from the US get killed on import duty, they ain't stupid so I think we'll find out we get killed on tax and duty, which is a shame. Also it looks a big job. I've got my front grill out for a mega OCD detail and there ain't no way of fitting these without getting the entire front end off.
You might as well just get it sent as a "gift" or "sample" merchandise.

Strejo35

Anyone ever figure out the wiring for headlight upgrade?
I purchased and installed new 2013 headlights but need help getting LED to light up on my 2012 Granturismo

jamesc69

BDM

Anyone had any joy with this? Wanting to looks my yellow indicator strip tbh on my front headlights.