biturbo exhaust manifold

del mar

Evening,

I have a crack in the passenger side manifold - bugger.

After looking into it there seems to a weakness on this side, there is a squashed section that the other side doesn't have.

David Askew has none of this side, Mcgrath only have one, presumably from peter's car. Maserati only have 17 left at £836 plus vat ! They fit all v6 cars although the real early biturbo ones are slightly different, so there is not a lot of stock for all the cars out there.

Depening on the crack they can be repaired.

I am looking into getting a set of ss ones made up hayward and scott were looking at about £1500, however as always the more they make the cheaper they get, if i can get the price down to about £1000 for thre pair is there any interest ?

I have also finally bought a 3.9 : 1 rear diff, do once i have fixed the manifold i will look to fit this.

Del

Del

dickyb

Give this guy a try:
http://petrolheadparts.co.uk/

His name is Paul Shrewsbury (Shrew) and is well known on the Alfaowner forum. He really knows his stuff when it comes to exhausts and has developed some race systems for some well known Alfa Romeo race preparation places (Brunswick Motorsport being one of them). I'm pretty sure his prices will be a lot less than the bigger companies as he is a one man operation, but don't let that put you off, he only uses the finest quality stainless steel and his workmanship is first class.

You can use the contact details on his website or send me a PM and I'll give you his personal email address.

Hope that is of some use

del mar

They are fiished !

Whilst i am no welding expert, the neads look neat and tidy. I dis ask if they could be ground down and polished, but they felt it would remove some metal, doesnt really need it and they looked better than then cast ones on the car - fair point

I am quite pleased with them, they feel much more solid than i thought and the design should eliminate the cracking problem. The original LHS one has a flat face opposite one of the ports, the gases come out and hits this like a wall, on this the gases come out and go striaght into the "V" where the two pipes join, so should not get the sheer concentration of heat in one area.

Just need to find the money to get them fitted... That said i now have a 4 post lift to store the guara underneath so i can get the car in the air, I do like to tinker......

Del

man 3.jpg