For sale - GS Formula Dynamics DBW Enhancement Module for sale

R8NAN

For Sale

Formular Dynamics DBW for Maserati Gransport. This is a must have on the car as it transforms the gear change.

Price £600

Emtee

Hi R8nan, I might be interested in that if you have the loom and switch etc? Do you know how aggressive the settings are in your particular unit?

R8NAN

Hi,
I have the loom and the two switches. When fitted you can switch on one or both switches for more agressive setting. I am not sure if it fits the 4200 but I cant see why not but maybe someone on here might know.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I assume this also fits OK on the 4200 Facelift..??

It fits all 4200/GS models.
The current loom that is supplied is for both the DBW module and the piggie back ECU.
If fitting just the DBW you don't have to splice in all the wires.
The loom has two switches, one for the DBW, one for the ECU which is redundant if not fitted.
When I bought mine secondhand I had to send it off to FD for testing and configuring to suit my car build number, for they would not supply a loom alone and I didn't have one.
If you have the loom, if you speak to FD, they will say for it to work correctly they still have to test and configure for your particular car....

Emtee

Interesting Mike. I had the FD DBW module on my 4200, but bought it new, so no re-configuring needed.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did FD/PI charge?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Interesting Mike. I had the FD DBW module on my 4200, but bought it new, so no re-configuring needed.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did FD/PI charge?

It's all handled direct with FD in The US.
The cost was $250 plus shipping, which worked out at £200, plus my cost to ship to the US.
I also got stung for UK customs when it came back, which was annoying!
So basically I got back in all intents and purposes a new unit c/w loom and instructions.

hodroyd

Mike,
At some point I would not mind comparing yours and mine for gearchange under load, just to see how the DBW improves....interested..??
Cheers
R

Torenno Performance

It might work without a re-config. However it certainly wont be optimised for the 4200. I know FD have a different configuration for the 4200s and the GSs

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
As the two (GS and 4200) are almost identical, surely the GS box will optimise the 4200 by bringing it up to a more modern spec.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Surely the 'changed baselines' are purely an electronic function working with identical mechanicals. Putting GS electronics on a 4200 should therefore make a 4200 into a GS or as near as dammit.

Grinzzz

extra 5-10bhp out of a gransport compared to a (non-benny) 4200/spyder isnt it? Be interesting to see if anyone could actually tell any difference between the two "tunes" of the dbw box.

Torenno Performance

I carry one of each in stock, and based on Jeff's explanation, the mapping is different due the the baseline software. If one module was suitable then I would only carry one. If it was my car, I would be getting one designed for my car!