For sale - GS Formula Dynamics DBW Enhancement Module for sale

hodroyd

I guess so, but not knowing exactly what I have got, I need to ask those who know, hopefully..!!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Surely it's not so much the software (which I presume can/was updated) but more so the hardware which I again presume cannot be so easily updated.

If the hardware is the same, can't you update the software so that it is the same as well?

Yes I believe so, if you look at the table I posted earlier, there are only 2 hardware options, MY02 and 03, and then MY04 onwards and GS.
So hence the two DBW options depending on the MY of your car, I believe.
Can't imagine therefore any difference between MY04 onwards and GS, once flashed to the same software.

Maser Sod

As an aside ... for those who want faster gear changes but don't want to install a FD DBW, you can get some improvement by adjusting the PIS using the Ferrari/Maserati diagnostic tool.

Before I had my DBW installed, I had the PIS set to just under 5.0, which was pretty snappy. I think some people have gone as low as 4.6.

(Apologies to those who know this already, but I'm sure there are some newbies and a few oldies who don't.)

Grinzzz

As an aside ... for those who want faster gear changes but don't want to install a FD DBW, you can get some improvement by adjusting the PIS using the Ferrari/Maserati diagnostic tool.

Before I had my DBW installed, I had the PIS set to just under 5.0, which was pretty snappy. I think some people have gone as low as 4.6.

(Apologies to those who know this already, but I'm sure there are some newbies and a few oldies who don't.)
Makes a big difference. Mine sat with battery off for a while and for some reason defaulted back to standard. I could really tell the difference, especially when it was reset back to 4.7....night and day.

adam01

Running mine @ 4.7 & FDDBW -one SM member down under has his set to 4.2 (or 4.5?) ol bugger says too aggressive :)

Grinzzz

I've been told that the downside to having it lower than standard is that it makes it less easy to control in traffic. I've not found any difference in my experience, it's just as controllable.

Emtee

Now for sale again - FD DBW Enhancement Module.

This has remained in it's box since I bought it from R8NAN and as I don't think I'll be fitting it I'm putting it back up for sale.

Price is as R8NAN originally listed it at £600.00.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks, Miles.