Hello from Dubai!

jpmondalek

It's been too long my friends but I wanted to share a couple shots from a meet I helped organized prior to the summer. Next meet of the season is this weekend (we're driving to the capital, Abu Dhabi, and will have a go-kart race).

I hope you are all well and please let me know if you ever pass through Dubai. I would also like to hear from you if you are based here but have not joined our little "club".

Best,

JP

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151340193257126&l=a5d760ae43

Attachments

• 13 Maserati Meet.jpg
    13 Maserati Meet.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 48

safrane

A spyder in the Middle East!...bet that gives you sunburn...nice selection of cars.
Thank you.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JP,

Looks great! Is Dubai starting to be more habitable now the weather is calming down a bit? I went karting out at Al Ain a couple of months ago but even then I nearly cooked!

I'll probably be in Dubai in the next four to six weeks and will send you a PM.

hodroyd

Hi JP,
60K miles, obviously not all in Dubai, or it's been on a rolling road for a while..?? It's nice to see a bit of classy metal assembled, I know Dubai has it's fair share of brash expensive, but your photo does show a bit of class. No I'm not biased at all.
Cheers
R

jpmondalek

Robert,

I picked her up in the US with 20k miles in the summer of 2009, and put on 40k miles since (mind you, I was in London and Singapore for 2 of the 4 years...)...she's my daily :)

jpmondalek

Few more shots...

The highlight was the grey 3200, imported from Moscow and driven by 2 Russian sisters... B)

Attachments

• April Meet_3.jpg
    April Meet_3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 68
  • April Meet_2.jpg
    April Meet_2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 67
  • April Meet_1.jpg
    April Meet_1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 69

ENZ525

Hey JP, been a long time my friend :D
Pics look fab, would love to come out to Dubai one day...

hodroyd

Yet more great pictures JP and lot's of curves..!! I have friends out in Dubai but have not been over for about 4 years now I think, last time I went they were just on with fitting out the Burg Khalifa Tower which was actually built but still required interior work. Keep those lovely pictures coming.
Cheers
R

jpmondalek

Gents, the time has come to part ways with my beloved GranSport...she's going back to the US (Seattle!) and will be in the good hands of enthusiast Trygve, who I have encouraged to join this forum.

In summary, I decided to sell because I wasn't driving her much (<3k highway miles a year in the last 4 years, showing 73k miles now). My BMW Z4M Coupe took over daily driving duties in summer 2014 and you'll be pleased to know that weekend duties have gone to a certain British supercar with a name suitable for a vacum cleaner ;) ;)

I will miss her and the relationships built around her. Thank you for all your advice and support over the years. Wish you all the best! p.s. I have asked for right of first refusal if Trygve decides to sell her in the future :)

Trygve, I'm looking forward to your first post on here!

IMG_20160201_173028.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
JP!

Still remember the day you wandered in to Ace Cafe London.

Oh well, you can say you've had your time with her and I know the lure of your next Maserati wont be far behind, you dont fancy a 4.7 GTS/Strad then?

jpmondalek

JP!

Still remember the day you wandered in to Ace Cafe London.

Oh well, you can say you've had your time with her and I know the lure of your next Maserati wont be far behind, you dont fancy a 4.7 GTS/Strad then?

Good times meeting you and the boys! How about that trip to Silverstone!?!?!

I think I will return to the brand when they decide to go for something sporty and lightweight...without Chrysler switchgear!!!

2b1ask1

Special case
Hope all is well with you JP, Never know may manage another mini/coffee meet again!