Door lock central

petronic

Morning to you all- some advice and help please!

This is probably the quickest way to get some – please accept I should not have left the car out in the bad weather I did and only returned from business last night.

Problem doors will not central lock. I got in the car last night on arrival home to move it thought it strange the door was not locked but alarm active. Moved the car went to lock it alarm engages doors will not lock. As it was so late put the car on charge and have just been to it and tried to lock the doors.

Using the key in the manual manner all locks including the boot lock and the alarm is activated from the key – so can be secured.

Did a very quick search and it appears the relay controlling the door locks if wet/damp could be be causing this? (via mas USA) Could condensation cause this? I have lifted the carpet in the passengers side no water found – appears dry

So battery charged, no warning errors, door locks on key, alarm arms so could it be the relays? If so can anyone help with experience, procedures, location or photos of what I could try next.

I am but one person am I am sure the collective “brain power & experience†of you all this issues could be resolved.

Again in advance thanks any advice and help would be gratefully appreciated.

safrane

Had the same issue this time last year...turned out to the the passenger door C/L soliniod

petronic

Ok in simple terms - can I sort this myself or do I need "expert help" I can turn a screwdriver!! Thanks petronic

petronic

Maserati Part No. 184391

DOOR LOCKING CONTROL UNIT is this the unit? could not find soliniod?

CatmanV2

Petronic, need to ask some questions to make sure I get the situation:

If you go to the car and press the lock button, do you hear the doors lock and unlock, or is there silence?
If you go and press the lock button, the alarm arms, yes?

C

petronic

Petronic, need to ask some questions to make sure I get the situation:

If you go to the car and press the lock button, do you hear the doors lock and unlock, or is there silence?
If you go and press the lock button, the alarm arms, yes?

C

Walk to the car press key no sound - press key alarm activated. Place key in locks will lock and unlock using manual method.

Chrisbassett

If you're happy to fettle, try removing the door cards and see if the mechanical bits for the door locks are all free to move, they are known to become hard to move. If electrically minded also check the solenoids (not sure how you would do this, but I'm sure someone here can help).

The solenoids are the things that move the lock mechanics when you use the key fob to lock, and also lock the opposite door when you use the button or key.

The question from catman is very relevant regarding the pieces being jammed or stuck, as the solenoid will sometimes try to lock, find it too difficult and give up. In this case they unlock so the system isn't left in a middle-ground state. If there is no sound then it's most likely electrical, try fuses and check connections in the doors, or failing that, it maybe a broken solenoid or controller.

CatmanV2

Hmm, so that's not likely to be a sticking lock or mechanism, that normally gives a lock / unlock.
Logically the signal is getting to the car, or the alarm would not arm.

Problem is we don't actually know if the alarm and central locks are triggered in parallel, or if pressing the alarm button causes the alarm to arm and then trigger the locks.

*But* smells to me that it's either
1) Fuse. No idea which one. Would be nice, but I'm not thinking it's hugely likely, or I don't think the central locking would work at all. Fuse 40 allegedly is a good start.
2) Relay. As above really. Less likely perhaps than fuse. If I was building the system, I'd use the same relay (and trigger come to that) for activating the lock solenoids as the alarm, so I'd assume that the relays are good.
3) The remote ECU :(

Check the fuses and relays anyway, but unless someone else comes up with a good idea, you may need professional help.

Good luck!

C

petronic

Please accept my thanks for the advice – I have a confession to make – please don’t “shoot me down”

Thought I would look in the drivers manual for any hints – saw the one entry below in red!!!!!! went to my car again and the doors opened and locked?

Last night I also picked my daughter up from the train station, so perhaps we tried to shut the doors at the same time and it “confused” the ECU?

So if the entry below is correct a little patience is required – perhaps me locking and unlocking it did not help the re-set – Lesson learnt.

WARNING: If one of the doors is not
closed properly or there is a problem in
the system, the central door lock will
not switch on and after some attempts,
the device is disabled for several
minutes. During that time , the doors
can still be locked or unlocked
manually without the activation of the
electrical system. After this period the
unit is once again ready to receive
instructions. If the cause of the
malfunction has been eliminated, the
device will resume normal operation. If
not, the disabling cycle will be
repeated.

zagatoes30

If that is all it is easy fix. No confession needed we all have moments where we fail to see the easy option and how many of us actually read the manual properly :)

CatmanV2

That's odd. I'd have expected that locking from the key would have done the lock bounce thing, but all's well that ends well :)

C

hodroyd

I think the lock bounce is when you have sticking mechanisms and it's trying to unlock at the same time you are trying to lock. That's a good result Petronic, one to remember, make sure both doors are shut then lock it..!!:shy: