New Alfieri Forum

BigR

The more I see it, the more I love it... which says quite a lot as I thought it looked awesome when I first saw it online!
If it looks THAT good in pics / in video, then I can't wait to see it in real life... here's hoping Maserati bring it to the Silverstone Classic in 4 weeks time (not that I'm counting down the days or anything! :whistle: LOL)

T

Yes to all of the above! I figure that by then I'll be happy to swap my GT for one of these...notwithstanding the small financial matter involved in such a transaction. But the more I see of it, the better it gets!

Tilum

Ha ha, thanks Norman. Well it is rather different I'll give it that... think I prefer the Maser though LOL

Grinzzz

Why does it have galvanised dustbin lids for wheels?

I'm amused by "From its prominent front , eluding the most aggressive animal on the planet, the shark," and then no pictures of said front end. I wonder why!

Grinzzz

So, back to Alfieri, is it going to be V8 or TTV6? Need another excuse not to want one if its over 80k :)

PJZ

Simply stunning! Hope it doesn't get dumbed down for production!

conaero

Forum Owner
So, back to Alfieri, is it going to be V8 or TTV6? Need another excuse not to want one if its over 80k :)

2 things we know:
1. The concept has the 4.7 V8 out the GTS/Strad
2. The production model will come with a V6T

Not to say they won't put the V8 into the production model but I am sure it will follow the usual Maserati roll out, lower engine first followed by the monster V8S on a 2 year cycle afterwards, so they can sell you 2 cars instead of one.

conaero

Forum Owner
...Also the S will probably be AWD which is something I don't want, so I am sure the V6T will be more than tuneable enough to kick out 450hp in a shortened chassis from the Strad weighing around 1600kg.....more than enough, just maybe lacking a bit in the sound dept.

Wattie

I've been drooling over this too.....and had it in the back of my mind that this was a £130k plus supercar.
I didn't appreciate it started at circa £70k, which ain't no bargain.....but when you consider this is average spec 911 money it's a steal! There's a distinct possibility I will be appearing on crimewatch within a couple of years.:happy::happy:

Cheers Wattie

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Its worth time inside.....

Oh, I'm not sure Dem. Didn't you learn the last time? You couldn't sit down for a month. :smile:

Didn't Maserati start with V6s? If they can make it sound even better than the F-type V6s then you're getting something which is a pretty d@mn gorgeous combination of ultra-stylish modern with plenty of design and spec cues from historic Maseratis. It could also be, like with the F-type, that the V8 is simply too much in such a light car. I welcome the chance to find out!

When is it due for launch, anyone know? I read 2017 somewhere, but that seems unpleasantly far off.

dem maser

the V6s will be the ones to have, the way cars are going its all about smaller engines and being just as fast...the V8s will depreciate heavily

bigbob

I've been drooling over this too.....and had it in the back of my mind that this was a £130k plus supercar.
I didn't appreciate it started at circa £70k, which ain't no bargain.....but when you consider this is average spec 911 money it's a steal! There's a distinct possibility I will be appearing on crimewatch within a couple of years.:happy::happy:

Cheers Wattie

A 911 is now really £90k - they have really moved the prices up.

drewf

There's nothing wrong with 6 cylinders when done right, in the right car...

Dino 246 / Stratos?
Jag E-type?
BMW E34 M5?
Early Alfa V6?