Noted interest.

bigbob

I spoke to HRO today, seems I may be first in line! Maserati have now told the dealers that the Alfieri is a 2017 production, they didn't specify beginning or end. They are are aiming the car at the Porsche 911 and will be pricing it accordingly. They start at £73k and go up to £150k so that's not a very helpful comparison!

Could be a 2017MY so September 2016 deliveries.

Did they say anything about the GranTurismo staying in production?

MAF260

Could be a 2017MY so September 2016 deliveries.

Did they say anything about the GranTurismo staying in production?

They were originally told late 2016 for Alfieri production, now revised to 2017. Apparently all of Maserati's focus is currently on the Levante.

He also told me that GranTurismo production would finish at the end of 2015.

bigbob

They were originally told late 2016 for Alfieri production, now revised to 2017. Apparently all of Maserati's focus is currently on the Levante.

He also told me that GranTurismo production would finish at the end of 2015.

Thanks for that. It must be true then re the GT. I don't really understand it as I'm not sure what they need the space for at Modena on the line unless the 4C is really taking off volume wise? GT/GC volumes are pretty flat and the QP has been moved to Turin so very strange to stop making a car several years before it's replacement will appear - 2018/19?

MAF260

Thanks for that. It must be true then re the GT. I don't really understand it as I'm not sure what they need the space for at Modena on the line unless the 4C is really taking off volume wise? GT/GC volumes are pretty flat and the QP has been moved to Turin so very strange to stop making a car several years before it's replacement will appear - 2018/19?

I wonder if it has anything to do with global emissions targets across the range? The GT/S engines are positively prehistoric in comparison to the new turbo petrol and diesel engines.

bigbob

I wonder if it has anything to do with global emissions targets across the range? The GT/S engines are positively prehistoric in comparison to the new turbo petrol and diesel engines.

That's true and, I guess, the decision not to fit the 8 speed ZF box to the GranTurismo was a lead indicator on this.

Andyk

Surely they have started a list though of potential customers in order of when they asked or it would be a free for all on the 1st of Jan to get top of the list...

hilts uk

Took my name but no money and they told me they would come back to me in the New Year. Odd I know especially when I've bought 2 cars from them before.

hilts uk

Just mailed them again. Looks like they have moved a little bit.

From 1st December we will start to collect intentions to order, this will follow an initial deposit in early 2015, I will place your name on this list and as soon as we are in a position to process a deposit and place an order I will call you.

The Aleferi is going to be quite simply, the most beautiful car to hit our roads in a long time.

I will keep you up to date with any news on the car.

conaero

Forum Owner
With all these orders, is it not blindingly obvious that the type of car owners want is a 2+2 sports cars????

dem maser

Took my name but no money and they told me they would come back to me in the New Year. Odd I know especially when I've bought 2 cars from them before.

same here....not bought from Main dealers but they took my name down with no money