Maserati Coupe 4200 - Project.. Anyone interested?

hodroyd

Depends if it has been stored for a while, if it is in good condition, storage if not done right can be an issue..!!

philw696

Going tomorrow and hopefully my old Range Rover will be hauling it back on my car transporter.
Start work on the project Monday.
Phil.

hodroyd

Good News Phil..!!

Nikos, you will always have fond memories of that table, it is now part of you and your life in the fast lane..!!:proud:

safrane

There is a fully rebuilt GS engine at Maridian Modena on Pistonheads site. All parts replaced with genuine Maserati ones.

philw696

To keep the car affordable for the next owner and earn me a wage so it will have to be a good used engine.
Waiting for MM to call me back.

Mr.Cambio

Good News Phil..!!

Nikos, you will always have fond memories of that table, it is now part of you and your life in the fast lane..!!:proud:

that's true Rob, and besides i will remember that i had some help from a very good friend..

philw696

What along day up at 6am down to Sussex.
Deal done and currently taking a break at services on M25 having done 320 miles already.
Will update later.
Phil.

safrane

Hope you got back safe and sound Phil...now will it be ready for the next Bristol Breakfast?...hmmm well that's tomorrow!

philw696

OK guys just got back and got the car of the trailer.
What a chore after a 460 mile trip of towing.
Very pleased this is going to be one very nice 4200 cambio corsa in nice colours.
Now guys I have received a few PMS for this car.
In fairness to the first member they will be offered it first after the hard work is done.
Mad dogs and Englishmen what more can I say at the minute.
Phil.

voicey

Fair play to you Phil for taking the project on. Looking forward to reading about the project!

philw696

To be fair Andy she is a beauty with all the history first service DL Cardiff then Marenello and the Ferrari Centre for the last several years.
Interior near mint, wheels want a refurb but only a light one, body work nice will be even nicer when I wax her.
Really good news is brakes all look 99.9% new which with current difficulty with supply is a real bonus when you buy blind like I did.

Attachments

• IMG_20140809_174847.jpg
    IMG_20140809_174847.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 36

2b1ask1

Special case
It will be good to fully understand the failure Phil, will you investigate yourself of just go for a heart transplant with a donor lump?