Manual 4200s in Oz

GTVeloce

Hi guys, been looking for a reasonably priced Coupe for a while now but I only want a manual, so being in Oz, you guys would understand the opportunities here are few and far between.

Been lurking on this forum for most of that time and really appreciate the depth and breadth of knowledge you guys have poured into this space! Thanks!

Anyway, couple of questions: anyone seen that Blue manual coupe up in varsity lake QLD for sale? Its an import as its unlicensed, and the WA licencing guys here are not much help when you call but they were very reluctant to say much about what conditions must be met to license a.car like this in WA.

I'm thinking ateast if it was licensed in QLD, that'd be half the battle won...

Anyone done a similar thing to this before?

Last thing I need is a lovely looking machine in my garage that I can't drive.

Also, Anyone got an idea of the number of manuals in Australia? Or WA?

GTVeloce

hodroyd

Some Aussie chaps do come on here and I am sure they will point you in the right direction..!!

adam01

Manuals are very rare in OZ
Over the years can only recall 1 or 2 advertised and these would have been imports

Also try IMG in Sydney or get Dicky Grace to locate a UK car for u

Geofflyn

Hi guys, been looking for a reasonably priced Coupe for a while now but I only want a manual, so being in Oz, you guys would understand the opportunities here are few and far between.

Been lurking on this forum for most of that time and really appreciate the depth and breadth of knowledge you guys have poured into this space! Thanks!

Anyway, couple of questions: anyone seen that Blue manual coupe up in varsity lake QLD for sale? Its an import as its unlicensed, and the WA licencing guys here are not much help when you call but they were very reluctant to say much about what conditions must be met to license a.car like this in WA.

I'm thinking ateast if it was licensed in QLD, that'd be half the battle won...

Anyone done a similar thing to this before?

Last thing I need is a lovely looking machine in my garage that I can't drive.

Also, Anyone got an idea of the number of manuals in Australia? Or WA?

GTVeloce
Compliance is a national thing whereas registration is a state matter. If you get the car complied you can register it in any state. Not sure who DOES COMPLIANCING for these cars in WA but you an find out on the Commo wealth Govt site where they list the RAWS.

GTVeloce

Thanks very much guys. I will give those contacts a buzz on monday. Ideally id love a gunmetal or one of the silver colours with a cream or tan interior so there's not much choice except to import, unless im lucky.

I have checked out the dept of infrastructure site amd they say that there can be conditions place on the importation. I am still waiting on seeing the full paperwork for this car to verify.

BTW, if anyone has a manual for sale, or thinking of selling... let me know!

Also, have any of you guys got an import? Hows the rust situation treated you? Has it caused any issues? Is it mainly a problem with sheared bolts... electrics... any spots .for me to really pay attention when I inspect a car?

Ive seen an imported jag, XK8, look great from afar, up close, OMG... paint bubbling all over the place, underneath it was a shocker.

VEDE

Mate if you're in WA, PM me and I'll give you the info. I imported a manual 4200 to Perth 2 years ago from the UK... I thinks it's the only manual one here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk