"Alarm unavailable"

ratbag

Suddenly getting yellow warning on dash "alarm unavailable"- Still locks normally and red lights flashing normally- Just get an extra beep on locking with remote - Any ideas anyone? Will it show a fault if a reader is used?
The alarm itself does actually seem to be working- very strange....

ratbag

Update; Fixed by doing an "Italian Reset" ie disconnecting the battery for 5 mins....

bigbob

Yep, don't recall there being a battery on/off switch on the GT like the 4200. So did you just disconnect one of the terminals?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting this despite having tried the Italian reset ( :smile: ). I'll try it again.

I read on Maseratilife something about a faulty sensor on one of the doors or boot which can cause the extra beep, as a warning that something's not quite right. The "alarm unavailable" warning I suppose could be related. Hmmm...

CatmanV2

Sounds like a sensor. Mine *only* beeps when there's something wrong. Took me ages to work out

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris. I think you're right. I'll take it over to Lancaster and get them to plug it into the diag machine, see what it throws up. The "reset" didn't work. Oddly, even though it claimed that the alarm was unavailable it demonstrated it's availability by going off when I opened the driver's door while the alarm was set. Thunking of which, I'll try the passenger door and see if that sets off the alarm. Might narrow the possibilities.

Heavenly

Ive just had exactly the same on mine..
Been into Maserati today and they have run a diag on it and come back with "Sensor fault" in the headlining I think they said.
Just quoted me £550 which is only £32+vat labour to fit it.
This fault came to light after the battery flatted out on me Friday (only a week outside) before attending Cars and Coffee London.