Power steering cooler radiator

petronic

4200 has any one changed one? I need too can this be done by removing the front grill or has everything have to come off advice please

petronic

Fantastic thanks appreciated. Now a million dollar question a new cooler is 1k the American version £105 whats the differance is on solid gold!!!! Also the one in the link looks diffrrant is this an ome part?

davy83

on the 3200 it is a dual radiator with the oil cooler. I have replaced the one on my car, i had to pull the cooling fans out, but i think it can be done from below the car. it is the full width of the front of the car, so you have to remove a lot of stuff to get into it. On the 3200 it can be withdrawn from below once you remove the metal chassis bracket that runs along the bottom there holding all the radiators in. The 4200 may of course be completely different as its a different engine.

Parisien

As per pm, don't know why the difference, phone eurospares/D Lovett and quote VIN number and be re-assured

P

petronic

Hi have done that but all i am told is a "slight" mod is required!!!! not what it is!!! perhaps this may be to reduce diy? I have purchased a US version and would like to compare with a uk one before i start to change it over. Anyone have one?
The other way is to upgrade with a custom one fabricated to order about £250 which would be cheaper and better than a 1k replacement. We did check the price was correct £1005 at first thought an extra 0 but the price is correct?

GeoffCapes

Bringing this thread back to life after Felice advised me that mine has a slight leak.

Did anyone find out what the difference is between the two? £80 vs £1000 is a massive difference.

safrane

Ones Maserati the other is the equivalent Alfa part ...sorry only kidding, nit sure but I know my first 4200 had this and it cost close to 2k fitted by DL

Slowly

One of the two more major things (other was corrosion to front and rear subframes needing sorting / waxoyling) found on mine was the power steering cooler radiator - I've recently been quoted "Using a USA spec cooler and adapt to fit £625 + Vat" I don't know what the difference between the coolers is but the price is certainly less than Safrane's mentioned above for the OEM one when done by a main dealer.

GeoffCapes

Looking at the pics. Effectively it's the same as the USA/CDN one but the connections are on the other side to take into consideration the steering being on the other side.

Felice did say he could probably fabricate something for when I need it done.

The cost to buy one is ridiculous though.

jluis

You can get a custom made cooler for a fraction of that money.
On the 3200 it is actually just a piece of bent pipe

nfm

Suspect Maserati are extracting the Michael here as when mine failed 5 years ago factory part was £125. Inflation hasn't been that high since....

GeoffCapes

Resurrecting this thread, I've managed to get hold of a two year old one for £200.
Will get mine refurbished when it's changed.
The guy I'm getting it from also has a brand new one which he is selling for £480 if anyone is interested.

conaero

Forum Owner
Apparently why they are expensive is they are handed...right hand and left hand drive rads are different and the right hand drive is a smaller market.

On the plus side, I have been told you can fit the left hand drive cooler into the right hand drive car with little modification.

Its worth checking this out.