Top end Alfieri competitor

MAF260

I think Maserati have missed the boat by taking so long to bring the Alfieri to market. It should be here by next Autumn at the latest with a 3.8 tt V8 and a 7 speed dc for around 100k. The market and pundits would rave about how maser are back on top.
As it is they will be playing catch up with with what might look like bringing a knife to a gun fight. I hope they get right cos they will only have one chance.
The Ghibli being the prime example. Everyone has concentrated on how mediocre the diesel is instead of them squeezing the 3.8 V8 into it to start with as a halo model so the press concentrate on what's blowing todays socks off.

+2. Although Mrs MAF was far from overjoyed upon learning I've ordered one, she seemed to be much less annoyed when I told her it won't be here for 3 years. I found out why yesterday when I arrived home 5 minutes before the builder she'd arranged to come round and quote for various remodelling works including her new kitchen. Beaten at my own game....

Andyk

I know others poo poo my thoughts but I feel the new car will be much more than £75/80k. The GS was £70 back in 2007!.

I would agree Pete.....I think 90k..They say its a F type competitor which I think it will be but the RS version which is 90k....The Maserati doesn't look like a 60/70k car...looks more than that.....

BB, agree the Merc is a fine looking car and one that would be a great everyday car...Stunning looking machine.

dem maser

+2. Although Mrs MAF was far from overjoyed upon learning I've ordered one, she seemed to be much less annoyed when I told her it won't be here for 3 years. I found out why yesterday when I arrived home 5 minutes before the builder she'd arranged to come round and quote for various remodelling works including her new kitchen. Beaten at my own game....

Women are good at "negotiating "

You get your Alfieri dear, now I just want a conservatory and a new kitchen.....

Phil H

I think Maserati have missed the boat by taking so long to bring the Alfieri to market. It should be here by next Autumn at the latest with a 3.8 tt V8 and a 7 speed dc for around 100k. The market and pundits would rave about how maser are back on top.
The Alfieri should have been available as Centenary model in 2014. I know it takes time to finance, plan, and develop new models, but 100 years' lead time should have been sufficient even with a few changes of ownership along the way, and just think of the publicity it would have generated. Then again, given the lack of vision demonstrated by Maserati marketing, should we be surprised?

PH

MAF260

HRO told me that the Alfieri will be positioned as a 911 rival and priced accordingly. 911 price range is about £75k - £130k plus options. I'm budgeting £100k for mine.

dem maser

At 100k it'll compete if it's loaded otherwise if you need 20k more than it'll struggle as SLS and 911 turbo will be around the 130k

Andyk

It just feels like its a 90/100k car........with a good spec.....It would be great if it was a 75k car mind you..

Contigo

Sponsor
I reckon 70k base and up to 90k with options and fiercer S model. MAserati will not want this one to be priced too high and will be aiming for F type figures and cheaper than 911 prices (base models).

Contigo

Sponsor
Looks like a generic german sports car to me, so basic, bland and just a white good now.

dem maser

not ugly, I don't like mercs but I cant call it ugly....its not Italian but the curves are better than the other models they have