Another lovely pic...

stefanocirillo

Says it all
The only modern alfa id buy will be a diesel....brera and 159 were great with those engines

And thats why i went with the 2.4 Brera. After a remap it was bloody quick but still too nose heavy. Had great fun round spa 2 years in a row though! Just wish there was a proper petrol engine that matched the looks. The 3.2 was total ****. GM soulless poo.

Wattie

Says it all
The only modern alfa id buy will be a diesel....brera and 159 were great with those engines
Alfa GT Blackline diesel wasn't to shabby from my experience....not a foot wrong in 4 years (apart from a bust door handle!
Cheers Wattie

dem maser

Thats what i mean, 159 brera had to be the diesel and the GT had a great diesel engine but also a V6 that every petrolhead must have!! These engines dont exist now....its just GM units now

The diesel had a lovely feel to it also but do the modern ones have that?

alfatwo

What we really need is a proper good looking powerful rear wheel drive Alfa GT or Saloon..V6/V8 I'm not bothered..

Fiat, you need to get a grip!

Dave

Duetto

And thats why i went with the 2.4 Brera. After a remap it was bloody quick but still too nose heavy. Had great fun round spa 2 years in a row though! Just wish there was a proper petrol engine that matched the looks. The 3.2 was total ****. GM soulless poo.

The one to have is the 1750 TBi. All the power and torque you need, but without the weight (or sound) of a diesel. The Mrs. has had one for the last 4 years, and it is very good (although she still won't part with her GT 2.0 JTS either).

conaero

Forum Owner
Alfa GT Blackline diesel wasn't to shabby from my experience....not a foot wrong in 4 years (apart from a bust door handle!
Cheers Wattie

My daily drive is an Alfa GT Lusso JTD. I love it and just can't part with it.

Andyk

IT does feel like the Alfa GT was one of Alfa's best cars over the last 10 years for driving experience and reliability.