Well if you've got it.... Everything that is!

VMSRTI

Thanks George,
Could specify logo etc but I decided to do without..
Think it will be a white faced one next time,
Dave

I like that there is no logo. They can sometimes make the face too busy. It also adds mystery to non watch people!

W12GT

I love watches and will have my recently service Tag F1 chronograph on tomorrow night.

I am umm and ahhing about one of these beautiful Stowa Marine's.

stowa-marine-automatic-3.jpg

I am not really into watches but that is absolutely beautiful. Simple, classy and stunning. It reminds me of a Raymond Weil I bought my dad for his birthday.

Out of interest did you buy it and if so are you pleased with it?

Contigo

Sponsor
I didn't, I went with a Christopher ward but still intend on getting the Stowa, the thing that put me off is that they have changed the Stowa logo on the new watches and it doesn't look as good IMO. I would need to get a used one!

Wattie

68E31C71-F138-4D2B-8108-6353D808E0B2.jpgMy wife bought me one of these years ago....... and didn’t realise what she,d bought.
Neither did I.
It’s a Navitimer 24 hr watch(designed for folks on the moon ...astronauts...where it’s allways dark) so it rotates once in 24 hours rather than twice. Never seen another one.....in fact after wearing it the first night I thought it was broken.
Ie at first glance the time is ten past ten.
Reality is it’s 10 past 2000( 8pmj
Takes some getting used to......12 o’clock is 6pm....especially if you wake up at night......and is quite a conversation piece in aircraft when people often ask the time and you just show them the dial!!!!

Cheers Wattie
12DABE66-EDE7-4F94-AEAD-CA62A63074CA.jpg

zagatoes30

My wife bought me one of these years ago....... and didn’t realise what she,d bought.
Neither did I.
It’s a Navitimer 24 hr watch(designed for folks on the moon ...astronauts...where it’s allways dark) so it rotates once in 24 hours rather than twice. Never seen another one.....in fact after wearing it the first night I thought it was broken.
Ie at first glance the time is ten past ten.
Reality is it’s 10 past 2000( 8pmj
Takes some getting used to......12 o’clock is 6pm....especially if you wake up at night......and is quite a conversation piece in aircraft when people often ask the time and you just show them the dial!!!!

Cheers Wattie
View attachment 46477

Oh nice, mate has a standard Navitimer and has been looking for a 24hr version for sometime

Scaf

Never been into watches but after my father died I wanted something to remember him by, his watch went to my elder brother - a lot of deliberations and I went for this Rose Gold Cartier Ballon Blu.

I wear it every day so it’s got a few scratches but it was made to be worn.

https://flic.kr/p/22tLQ1u

Vampyrebat

Very nice!............I have a few vintage Longines that I love because they are subtle and understated.

ChrisQP09

I'm not a fan of Breitling watches, they always look way too fussy to me. I've recently sold a couple of watches from my small collection and am now left with 3 favourites:

First ever 'nice' watch. Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary edition
View attachment 25581

Panerai Luminor Marina
View attachment 25582

Latest purchase from a month ago - Rolex Milgauss GV
View attachment 25583

My father has a rather lovely Patek Philippe dress watch that he's never worn. I'm angling for him to pass it to me for safe keeping!

Read the quote:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/e5/60/00e560240b4b5ac1703114b3cd95c9e1.jpg

D Walker

So, dilemma. Wife wants to get me a watch for my 50th - Feb, only she doesn't want to pick it, i'm amazed as she told me I had to get rid before I buy another...

I'm not a blingy showy person, I prefer sports/ diver / understated but classy time pieces, Have a Glycine, Christopher Ward & Stowa in the collection (for flavour), couple of TAG's. a priceless Bulova(my grandads), Sinn & Steinhart,

I'm drawn to a Bremont or Bell & Ross(regreting not buying in Gib-price was too good to be true),

So what do you guys think?

rockits

I can offer nothing as most of what you just said went right over my head. Never worn a watch. I can't afford to look at the time in my line of work as it scares the sh1t out of my everytime I look. It always goes too fast!

I could do with a watch that slows down time. A watch at 75% speed to give me 36 hours in a day would be perfect!

Seems like a very nice idea though as a 50th. It mesmerises me when I look at the tiny & detailed engineering that goes into some of these time pieces.

alfatwo

Here's my lovely old Longines circa 1926..

Peaky Blinders!

Dave

Attachments

• !BPpHBT!BGk~logines.jpg
    !BPpHBT!BGk~logines.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 32