Yesterday, in a fit of madness, I bought this.....

Contigo

Sponsor
Agreed, well done Athol that is looking fine! Great to hear you are enjoying it too and these cars are all about small, slow improvements.

spkennyuk

Winter project. It's in amazing condition bodily with only a small rust patch on the driver's door to repair. It's been in the UK since 1998, with the last owner since 2006. Original Italian market car from first year of production. 2L v6 biturbo pushing out 180bhp with a 5 speed manual.

It's been sat for 3 years but started happily after a battery boost and settled into a nice idle after 4 or 5 minutes of warming up.

Hideous interior however the main priority is to get it recommissioned and through MOT before I worry about making it look better.

View attachment 25561View attachment 25562

Looks very nice outrun. I wonder if this product would be able to fill in the plier chips in the windows so you get a flush seal and no wind noise. i doubt it would set 100% clear but if its on the edge of the glass it will hopefully be under the seals when up. For the sake of £10 may be worth getting some and testing it on an glass milk bottle or piece of glass to see if its suitable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windshield-Pro-Glass-Repair-Kit/dp/B0012KBFRE

outrun

Look interesting but is it not aimed more at stone chips/cracks? The passenger side only has one gouge on it's top edge as obviously that one is used less and so had fallen into the door skin with less frequency.

I may give it a try anyhow.

Cheers

spkennyuk

Look interesting but is it not aimed more at stone chips/cracks? The passenger side only has one gouge on it's top edge as obviously that one is used less and so had fallen into the door skin with less frequency.

I may give it a try anyhow.

Cheers

Its meant for chips and minor cracks but Its just a way of rebuilding the Glass. I've used similar products before. if its deep enough to cause wind noise then one of the screen chip kits should allow you to build the chip or gouge back up to surface level again. If its minor then you can get a liquid scratch remover fills the scratch but thats going to be tricky unless the window is flat.

Have some glue remover handy if you over fill the gouge or chip you can bring it back to flush with the glue remover and get a smooth finish.

I've not seen a product that sets totally clear but its fairly close as long as you don't get any bubbles in it. They tend to set with a slight milky haze to them. Just practice on an old piece of glass first or a chipped bottle or something.

Cheap fix if it cure the problem.

hodroyd

Athol,
Very well done mate, 10 out of 10 for perseverance, she is looking really well, keep it up..!!
Cheers
R

outrun

Do you think? It's LHD with some rusty bits, a tired interior and in need of a service (as a minimum). And as a private sale with no come back. No thanks.

OI !! What rusty bits? When it left me, there was no rust anywhere. It's a very solid car, just needs someone who can love it enough to keep fettling. Because it's such an early chassis number, it has the Italian market only 2.0 v6 biturbo and a single carb. They introduced fuel injection and a larger displacement when exports began which is a little easier to live with.