Fulvia 1600 HF

zagatoes30

I don't think I have ever been as excited about the arrival of a new car, it might be that i have wanted one for years or that I have looked at loads and nobne has ticked all the boxes like this one. Just hope I won't be disappointed but I doubt that will happen

zagatoes30

Beautiful Andy...you pleased?

Oh yes, it is something else.

It constantly screams at you, there is no doubt what every bit of it is doing each second, super quick steering, superb grip and handling and for a 1.3 surprisingly spritely. If anything it is a bit skittish especially over bumps but I think the dampers need attention, brakes need a firm push and they squeal so will pull the pads and have a look.

Oh and the noise, only a 4 pot but up there with the Maser V8, induction roar and V4 exhaust rumble

It is awesome on short twisty bits it would have been great at Llandow, maybe next year.

Last edited:

zagatoes30

Nice day so took the boss to lunch in it today, it really is a sweet little car I just need to learn how to drive it smoothly

Rwc13

Me too, cars where you can explore the limits at much lower speeds have to be the way forwards in the face of the environmental and anti-speed lobbies

Wanderer

I was told the correct pronunciation of 'Lancia' in Italian was 'Lanchia' - is that correct?

azapa

When I first bought the maser it was my first Italian princess, but looking at that fulvia, I can see how one gets hooked. Just lovely. I can so see it parked in between modern supercars and still draw all the atention.

zagatoes30

The more I drive it the more I like it, not that quick but round the roundabouts of MK today it was leaving lots of moderns wondering WTF was that as it nipped up the inside of them

philw696

That's the joy of Classics that are lightweight and have peppy motors especially with a Rally pedigree like the Fulvia and the Mini Cooper ;)

zagatoes30

Well great day at Stony today the Fulvia got lots of attention and some great comments but the cherry on the cake was a WhatsApp conversation with the dealer I bought it from asking would I sell it back to him for a 15% increase on what I paid not 3 months ago, not a chance :)