Lamborghini Huracan

safrane

Im not keen on Ferrari's current stable of 'hatchback' design cars and think they are loosing their way in the search for more and more power.

The current Lambos however have some real theatre in their styling.

Still its inmaterial as I will never be lucky enough to afford one.

iainw

Im not keen on Ferrari's current stable of 'hatchback' design cars and think they are loosing their way in the search for more and more power.

The current Lambos however have some real theatre in their styling.

Still its inmaterial as I will never be lucky enough to afford one.

That's part of the issue for me. Lambos do look great if you are a movie star or a premier league footballer. But can you really drive them to work, pick up your kids or for a skiing/ European trip etc? Ferrari have been listening to what owners want and need. But I agree it can go too far if you follow that path. Saloons, SUVs etc...
Interesting so many people who say they would choose them have logical cars in sensible colours.
I think the lambos look great, would love one , but can't imagine I would be able to use it anywhere near as much as it deserves.

Contigo

Sponsor
Iain the Huracan is everything that you don't describe ie a much more useable supercar than any of their previous bonkers offerings. It's got the German reliability/practicality but with the Italian finesse. Watch the video posted 2 pages back or so with Randy Probst at the wheel and tell me it isn't better than the equivalent 458/488 out there now.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Still, don’t like the interior though, Phil. It just looks like a lot of fiddlesome fuss and plastic. The new Audi R8s have one of the best all-screen dash layouts, in my view.

iainw

Iain the Huracan is everything that you don't describe ie a much more useable supercar than any of their previous bonkers offerings. It's got the German reliability/practicality but with the Italian finesse. Watch the video posted 2 pages back or so with Randy Probst at the wheel and tell me it isn't better than the equivalent 458/488 out there now.

I purposely didn't comment on the dynamic features and drivability - just commenting on personal choice. If it was on technical details most people would have a 911 turbo would they not?
If any of them make a passenger seat with isofix however- I will switch allegiance immediately!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I purposely didn't comment on the dynamic features and drivability - just commenting on personal choice. If it was on technical details most people would have a 911 turbo would they not?
If any of them make a passenger seat with isofix however- I will switch allegiance immediately!

That’ll be the DB11 Volante, Iain. :smile:

iainw

That’ll be the DB11 Volante, Iain. :smile:

I don't like the look of it :(
Back seats still look tight, rag top and 60hp less than a Cali T.
Maybe when I am 60 I will scratch the Aston itch. It's under control at the moment!
Anyone who has had a child seat safely in the passenger seat of a 2 seater would appreciate your experience.
Thanks.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
911 Turbo is so good, its so boring!
Good friend had one after discovering his GT3 before was too raw.
He now has far more enjoyment with his tuned up MX5...seriously!

azapa

thread revival! I love the hurucan. I drove a dark metallic grey spyder, matt finished. The interior, sound, presence, all completely amazing. The only strange thing was the driving position as the top of the windscreen felt about eye level (and I'm only 5'11" on a good day).

I struggle with the brand allegiance though. Ferrari seams to pull harder. And I like Maclaren, 'cause it's British init.

Andyk

Last 911 Turbo I went in was the latest S version and it nearly pulled the skin off my face....Epic car........Was not boring in anyway what so ever.....But then for 150k plus that's what you expect.

keith

I know this comment is going to sound really boring, and will doubtlessly be ignored.
However unless you have easy access to racetrack or live near a German Autobahn, what's the point!!??
Although as Supercars go, the Huracan does look great.

w5pwr

Last 911 Turbo I went in was the latest S version and it nearly pulled the skin off my face....Epic car........Was not boring in anyway what so ever.....But then for 150k plus that's what you expect.

Just back from a 150 mile drive in my 991.2 Turbo S and boring is not an adjective I would use. I was in some interesting company and when it's slightly damp and cold it comes it too it's own.

It maybe lacks the drama & theatre of a lamborghini or Ferrari, but it's a car you can use everyday and leave anywhere...

JonW

I think it's all a matter of perspective

As a proper drivers car the current 911 Turbo S is a phenomenal piece of kit, and when driven ******* twisty roads would give you loads and loads of smiles per miles. A good friend of mine has one and it is awesome.

However, pootling around town or nipping to the shops in it is like driving any other Germanic car, very efficient, perfectly nice, but not much to get your heart racing.

I've never been in a Lamborghini, but I suspect it has way more drama and theatre to it, and would probably get left behind a Porsche if the Porsche driver was pushing on...

If I had £150k for a weekend toy, and didn't need to have 4 seats, I would have fun deciding!...