Lamborghini Huracan

Yeti

Following a visit to Lamb Leicester last weekend, I was fortunate enough to be invited to a Lamb driving experience at the Millbrook testing grounds, following which they loaned me a car for the weekend. All I can say is - WOW!

I will grant you, the Huracan is a bit loud and shouty, but in terms of driver experience is beyond peer. I drove the LP610-4 both at Millbrook and on the weekend. Started out at Millbrook with a couple of laps of the high speed bowl - boring, so dumped that experience and moved onto the mile straight. Sadly we couldn't work out how to activate launch control, so just set off in the normal way. Fastest we saw (instructor saw as I wasn't taking my eyes off the road), was 189 just before I hit the anchors.

We then moved onto the Alpine circuit which is amazing. Quite a few guest were running very late because of an accident on the M1, so we were told to stay out until we were called in. Gave me about an hour in all and plenty of time to take some excellent instruction. The car was utterly sublime, power absolutely everywhere when required and unbelievable traction. I only once felt the rear end get loose, but the front stuck like glue and turned a drama into a non-event.

Lambo Leics then delivered the same car to me on Saturday so I could try it with the memsahib under "normal" road conditions. It made her legs turn to jelly when I carried out an acceleration test! Had a run over to Tesla Kuntsford yesterday in company with a friend in a 458. Lets just say the Fezza hasn't got a hope against the Lambo. It has it covered everywhere, acceleration, traction, handling the lot.

Impressions: Awesome drivers car and would be great fun on a weekend blast. It would be pitiful if you wanted to go away for a couple of days because the boot space is woeful. The seats are very supportive and comfortable, but I found it quite hard to get a good baloance between pedals, wheel and seat, that said what I ended up with worked ok. The cabin is generally a very nice environment, but there's rather too much Audi switchgear which does let it down. Lambo have obviously designed some of the switches, but the satnav/media and heating controls are all straight from an Audi. There is also a little too much plastic on show by way of vents, and it definately needs the glass engine cover- £5.5k option instead of the hideous plastic offering currently on the car.

Would I buy one? Yes, but only as a weekend runabout. I love my Stradale for it's ability to be a bit of everything, long range tourer, fun sporty car and stunning good looks. The Lambo has the performance, but the looks are questionable and it's really just a plaything. It's also a bit too shouty for me, I prefer subtle. Overall, it was a great experience though.

Lambo.jpg

Andyk

You lucky man....The Huracan is a great looking car and a great drive from you say.

MAF260

I am exceptionally envious of your experience. I love the Huracan and would have one in a heartbeat. Mine in verde mantis or rosso mars please...

mantis.jpghuracan-rosso-mars.jpg

dem maser

had one on my road after a neighbour "borrowed" it from a friend of his fro the weekend, it was green and I was full of envy, looked lovely and id buy one over the 458....just for the looks alone

hoyin

I was out with a load of Lambos over the weekend. Was struggling to keep up. For me I would go for the Murcielago SV in orange.

Classico

Great review Yeti. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you're in good company regarding the Huracan fighting and beating Ferrari on its own turf.

These reviewers seem to think so anyway.

Bloody brilliant. PS. If I had the means, this would sit alongside the Maser in the garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6pJEwjGWw

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
IMO one of the best looking modern supercars, much better than 458 or 488 to my eyes.

The interior of the Fezza beats it hands down, though. The Lambo interiors all seem a bit like a 12 year old's fantasty of what a supercar should be like. Not that I'd turf one off the drive if I had the chance!

iainw

Nope don't agree the Huracan interior is leagues ahead.

I think most people are either Lambo or Ferrari - polarising. Its not a question of right or wrong.
Its not close for me - interior or exterior wise. Very different cars for very different tastes.

rockits

I think I'm more Lambo than Fezza or Macca. I'd have a Verde Mantis Huracan in a heartbeat if I could afford the begger!