Question of the day

CatmanV2

Well you live and learn

Apparently this is true :)

Now I need to think of a question, and I *did* have one set up, but have forgotten

So randomly:

What liqueur bearing the letters D.O.M. on the bottle label was developed at Fecamp, France, in the 16th century?

C

Been a bit occupied today with battery problems hence no question
So here goes before I depart for the pub
Easy football
Who scored the only goal that relegated Manchester Utd in 1974

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I seem to remember it was Denis Law who was playing for Man City against his old club Man United.

spkennyuk

I'm not working now so the answer is Burnley. I cant recall all the details but there was a group of soldiers from Burnley that were based in Fecamp Normandy during WW1 that acquired a taste for it and brought it back. Something like 40% of the benedictine drank in the UK is consumed in Burnley. Thats the general gist of it anyway.

Featured in the B series of QI

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Correct. In Burnley it's known as Bene or Bene D which is pretty apt as I was born there! Your go.

midlifecrisis

15 years ago racal had two on their building at Raynes Park, one pointed to the traffic on the A3, the other on the queue to the canteen. True Story.

spkennyuk

<slap> ;)

If the answer is a coffee pot, I wouldn't be at all surprised. Cambridge university comp sci department?

Or MIT?

C

Right first time MR C. It was at Cambridge University and it was pointed at a coffee pot to save the scientists wasted trips. Your question.

CatmanV2

Bloody ****. I remember it happening, but it was never called a webcam :)

Well here's a little nugget. Although it may be referred to as a 'herd', what other collective noun exists for a group of Rhino?

C