Question of the day

midlifecrisis

13! South America starts south of the darien pass, so Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile. Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Brazil, Suriname, Guyana and French Guyana!

midlifecrisis

13 is correct (not so easy eh?)
Now name the capital cities - only kidding
Over to you MLC
You asked for it, Caracas, Bogota, Quito, Lima, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Asuncion, Bolivar, Brasilia, dunno, dunno, dunno.

OK, which air route was served the most based on the number of scheduled daily flights in both directions as of December 2013.

The answer is quite surprising.

13 is correct (not so easy eh?)
Now name the capital cities - only kidding
Over to you MLC

Are you listing dependent territories? If so then Falklands should be considered.
I checked 13 ob the web and still got 12 excluding dependent territories.

I included FR Guyana too as it resides in the main land mass which was the spirit of the Q.
You do have a point though about dependencies

spkennyuk

UK to New york was the busiest a few years ago but i think that was based on seats available and excluded cargo flights. Ive been out of that business for 5 years so it could well have changed.

Guess: Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paolo (the question dies not specify domestic or international and neither does it ask volume of passengers). But again from my Colombian daughter-in-law when she was here before moving to Australua, she always said it was a very frequent service with many carriers on this route.

Others could be Mumbai-Delhi or New York JFK to Chicago O'Hara

midlifecrisis

Guess: Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paolo (the question dies not specify domestic or international and neither does it ask volume of passengers). But again from my Colombian daughter-in-law when she was here before moving to Australua, she always said it was a very frequent service with many carriers on this route.

Others could be Mumbai-Delhi or New York JFK to Chicago O'Hara
Correct! Rio to Sao Paolo was served 248 times a day!
Interestingly the top 6 flights in terms of passengers were domestic. As for number of scheduled services the top 15 are domestic. The top international was London (all)-Dublin.

Source, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_passenger_air_routes

Your go!