Question of the day

MarkMas

Chief pedant
In the 1217 Charter, what two things in a Royal Forest were the Verderers specifically tasked with overseeing?

Wanderer

Lennie Peters off Peters and Lee was blind, lost one eye in a fight in the playground or ssomething when he was 8 or 9, then the other in an accident when he was about 14.

A sort of Unlucky Alf....

Navcorr

Too much blue sky in that helicopter overview? Or were you down in the weeds?

C
PMSL

GSK, Monday morning, 10AM

BS.jpg

One of my fav. booklets "Little Book Of Management B*llocks".
Q. How to guarantee out of the box thinking.
A. Make sure the box is very very small.

Last edited:

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Verde is french for green, so grass ‘n’ stuff?
That's something of a start..... But no prize, yet.

And, just to keep us on track, I'm going to repeat the two questions:
In the 1217 Charter, what two things in a Royal Forest were the Verderers specifically tasked with overseeing?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Anything to do with Magna Carta, ownership of lands perhaps to French folks?

Well, you could view the Carta Foresta as a sort of addendum to the Mangna Carta. As I'm sure you remember, among other things it stated that all freemen owning land within the forest enjoyed the rights of agistment and pannage. But the point is that is specifically defined the role of the Verderers, and said that they were particularly responsible for two things, one of which you have roughly mentioned.

midlifecrisis

If we're talking magna carta and royal forests then I'd say looking after the livestock ie deers etc. From memory a forest and a chase were the same thing, an area where the royalty can pursue game. Not necessarily a wooded area. Ie New Forest or Cannock Chase

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Wanderer

Has to do with the frenchies still in Britain after the conquest, otherwise why French language?

Is it like taking land off Frenchies still in Britain after 1066? Or accounting for it? In accordance with 1215 Magna Carta and who owns what and there’s too many frenchies in Mrs Miggins Crepe shop so let’s take control of our borders?

Is the answer Jacob Rees-Mogg?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
The answer to many, many questions is "Jacob Rees-Mogg", (including "Who is the person that Michel Barnier would be most frighted of negotiating BREXIT with?") but it is not the answer to this one.

But people are so close with these sorts of rather vague answers:
- verde is french for green, so grass ‘n’ stuff
- looking after the livestock ie deers etc

The two very specific words I'm looking for are both quite a bit frenchie, and both begin with 'v'.