Question of the day

drewf

No GC - the surname starting with B is the bit I got wrong. It doesn't.

Confession - I couldn't stand not being able to remember, so had to look it up :) Obviously I won't answer this question now.

GeoffCapes

Confession - I couldn't stand not being able to remember, so had to look it up :) Obviously I won't answer this question now.

God knows who I'm thinking of.... Probably someone in a war film. I was watching Band of Brothers yesterday.....

Does it count as cheating if I get the book out of the loft that was written about WW2 aces?

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate

So glad I was able to torment you to distraction! ;)

G

Guest 1678

I keep getting the name Hauptmann running through my head. But sure that I am confusing the name with a General.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Hauptmann was the German equivalent of a British army Captain, Royal Navy Lieutenant or RAF Flight Lieutenant.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Ok, the Ace of Aces is; Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann who scored 352 'kills'. Damon and Drew very nearly got it but not quite close enough. If anyone else wants to pose the next question, fire away, if not, I'll think of another one tomorrow.

Chrisbassett

Ok, the Ace of Aces is; Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann who scored 352 'kills'. Damon and Drew very nearly got it but not quite close enough. If anyone else wants to pose the next question, fire away, if not, I'll think of another one tomorrow.

My favourite stat about him is that he was forced to land 14 times due to damage from bits of planes he'd shot down, but never from enemy fire.

spkennyuk

Go on then I shall start you off again with another question.

NASA estimates that the near earth asteroid Eros contains how many tons of gold ?

All I need is some minions and a shrinking machine and I could buy as many Tridents as I like.

For an extra bonus point why have I changed my avatar ?

spkennyuk

Trying guessing to the nearest 100 million tons.
The avatar answer is on the this morning thread in the last week.
Quiz and a treasure hunt in the same day ;)

MrCoop

It's supposedly worth about $3 trillion, or something ridiculous...

I'll go with 900 million tonnes.

And you changed your avatar because you sold your car and now Maser/Alfa-less?

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
If you managed to mine 900 million tonnes the market would be swamped and the price would go through the floor.