Question of the day

JonW

Ok - I’m currently in Florida, and my question is when did the Disney Magic Kingdom first open to the public?

Navcorr

Have friends in Orlando so will step out on this one.
Not been to MK but thought Epcot was superb.
Where are you staying as a matter of interest?

JonW

Have friends in Orlando so will step out on this one.
Not been to MK but thought Epcot was superb.
Where are you staying as a matter of interest?

We’re actually not in Orlando as we did the parks a few years ago - and didnt find it all that relaxing (** understatement of the decade!**)... We’re staying on an island called Captiva, just off the Gulf coast, north of Naples, which is a fabulous, low key place that strips away stress and where you can’t help relaxing... my version of a magical place!

Navcorr

We’re actually not in Orlando as we did the parks a few years ago - and didnt find it all that relaxing (** understatement of the decade!**)... We’re staying on an island called Captiva, just off the Gulf coast, north of Naples, which is a fabulous, low key place that strips away stress and where you can’t help relaxing... my version of a magical place!

Hmm ... know what you mean, the screaming brats & pushy parents do test the patience.
Not spent any time on that side but know of Captiva and hear its very nice. Have a great time.

spkennyuk

Nope. Interesting fact (and a useless clue for anyone who doesn’t know me) is that the Magic Kingdom is the same age as me, and was opened just over a month after I was born...

Same age as me too. Opened later the same year i was born.