Cheap Leasing

D Walker

Think it’s fairly obvious from advertising etc that no one is doing particularly well in the forecourt business really...
Keep thinking of a new daily but the Golf does everything I need, 70 miles a day, comfy, few niggles, but I reckon easy get 2 years out of it, which after buying, servicing etc, mots, tax, I reckon will be around 2k....

safrane

New car sales down 15% in March compared to last year... tough times and no one is buying the lines of 'Our Diesel is clean... honest guv'

Andyk

New car sales down 15% in March compared to last year... tough times and no one is buying the lines of 'Our Diesel is clean... honest guv'

Your right Pete....Diesel deals are pretty amazing with even the likes of BMW and Merc offering lots off and 0% finance on certain models. But no one wants them. Heard two colleagues in work this week discussing buying s new A Class .... The chap said he always had diesels but wouldn't touch one these days....sighting potential tax rises and fuel pump rises. There is no confidence especially with Porsche and others stopping diesel production soon.

philw696

Too right same down here I won't be having another Diesel and more than pleased with my V8 Petrol Range Rover.
Far Superior and cheaper to run than a Dirty Diesel.

conaero

Forum Owner
That looks a good deal especially if it looks like the one in the picture.

Matt you may be right....I saw two yesterday on my travels around Coventry but can the remember when I saw one before that.

Must admit, I have seen a couple on the roads lately. Maybe this is due to the crazy lease deals and serves its purpose of getting general public to notice them and go to the dealers for a closer look.

midlifecrisis

Got this from Keith, if anyone's in the market for the weaker 124...
2287d7315135593480ed95b8aed0367f.jpg

FIFTY

Hmmm I might ask for one of these as my next company car... All depends on if I can get my camping gear in it though.

Also it is true, Alfa has been struggling on sales in the UK but doing well in the rest of Europe.

rossyl

Hi All

I've never leased a car before, but am being asked to help a friend - therefore would appreciate your advice.

Car is required to be
Hybrid or Electric
Latter is preferred
For journeys from London to Edinburgh
Taking 1 Adult and 2 young kids.

She wants to lease as she doesn't want the hassle of ownership.

She does not have salary sacrifice leasing offered via work

I'd be grateful most grateful for some suggestions.

From what I've read, the market doesn't sound great, but she needs a car, so will have to manage with current offerings

Thanks

MarkMas

Chief pedant
..... Electric....
For journeys from London to Edinburgh
Taking 1 Adult and 2 young kids.

At 400 miles from London to Edinburgh she is looking at sitting about with the kids, waiting for a recharge half way.