Cheap Leasing

MAF260

That's not as good a deal as they make out. With the £1,500 up front it's a 21+18 deal, so more than £150 per month and that's excluding VAT.

conaero

Forum Owner
Still wish I had bought the Golf R deal, £150 plus VAT on an 8k annual, 0-60 in 5.2 secs, £1500 down.

Extra £25pm and you could have the DSG gearbox

I run a VAT company so get 50% of the VAT back and instant right down against the books.

MAF260

My mate got 2 Golf GTI diesel things for a couple of his reps. Paid £800 up front and £129 per month ex VAT. Very cheap deal.

davy83

Negatives
- 0-60 12.8s
- 18 month contract
- £1.5k downpayment

you missed out ugly! and your children will walk 4 miles to school rather than get a lift, sorry not a pug fan.

Contigo

Sponsor
Still wish I had bought the Golf R deal, £150 plus VAT on an 8k annual, 0-60 in 5.2 secs, £1500 down.

Extra £25pm and you could have the DSG gearbox

I run a VAT company so get 50% of the VAT back and instant right down against the books.

They pulled them all Matt after they made an error. No one got a Golf R deal.

conaero

Forum Owner
They pulled them all Matt after they made an error. No one got a Golf R deal.

Barstewards!...the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

I remember Alfa did a similar thing with the Guilietta, they offered a good new model at £199 on a super lease deal. You call up, "Sorry sir, those have all gone"... It turned out none ever existed!

rs48635

That is one ugly car - but still only £150 a month, and guaranteed to never be stolen.

That's not as good a deal as they make out. With the £1,500 up front it's a 21+18 deal, so more than £150 per month and that's excluding VAT.

dem maser

Barstewards!...the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

I remember Alfa did a similar thing with the Guilietta, they offered a good new model at £199 on a super lease deal. You call up, "Sorry sir, those have all gone"... It turned out none ever existed!
I enquires about that, same thing, "no sorry don't have any left" salesman later told me there never were any

dem maser

I have a good deal lined up to replace the Panda
New Aygo
10k annum
£700 deposit
24 months.......how much a month, take a guess people......

conaero

Forum Owner
£49 a month???

Mind you for a C1/Aygo you can keep it. My mother-in-law had one and she ended up chopping it in and she is not fussy at all so it must have been bad!

drewf

Isn't it going to be expensive to buy yourself out of that deal? I'm assuming that's leased too?