FF

BJL

Chuffed wouldn't start to cover it. Fantastic car, effortless cruise and with the flick of the switch it becomes a wannabe F12 with 4 wheel drive when you need it.

Spec is;
Grigio Silverstone
Special order Soft Beige Hide everywhere. Non standard
Grigio Scuro stitching
Carbon and full leathet steering wheel, non standard
Camaras everywhere
Suspension Lifter
Shields
Chrome tipped grill
Sports exhaust
Adaptive lights
Big Hi Fi
Apple infotainment do da
Auto tail lift
Diamond cut Magnesium Sport Wheels
Black external mirror inserts
Grey seat belts
Gallio callipers, rev counter
Electric chromatic mirrors
and loads more
20150514_143058.jpg

MAF260

That looks like a load of old rubbish, Barrie. As a favour I'll pop down at the weekend and take it away for you. No charge.

Phil the Brit

Not my favourite Ferrari but would not kick it out of the garage! Congratulations.
Are those Carbon discs I can see, if so were they standard?

bigbob

Love them. I've never really got mid engined Ferraris' but I have driven an F12 and it was epic. I actually feel that the FF looks better plus add 4WD and space for the kids then it is a perfect car.

I was recently told that most Ferrari buyers add a lot of spec these days, like 20%+ to the price.

PS To see how Ferrari got the styling of the FF right just take a look at the AM Rapide which does not quite work.

BJL

Love them. I've never really got mid engined Ferraris' but I have driven an F12 and it was epic. I actually feel that the FF looks better plus add 4WD and space for the kids then it is a perfect car.

I was recently told that most Ferrari buyers add a lot of spec these days, like 20%+ to the price.

PS To see how Ferrari got the styling of the FF right just take a look at the AM Rapide which does not quite work.

With you on that one, I too never ached for any of the rear engine ones. Great cars but a bit too point and squirt for me.
Your'e right about option spec. 40+k is typical and it doesn't take too long to spend it. Some cars Meridien have delivered have 80k plus options pushing them well over 300k.

Typical is the glass roof at 11k. Had one on the car in Austria at the ice driving and after an hour in sub zero it misted up plus even if the driver looks directly up you still can't see it as it starts just by the back of your head. Just another gimmick imo so passed on that one. Why don't they do a proper sunroof ?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
That'll do, Barry. Very nice indeed. Let me know when you tire of it, though. I'll make you an offer you simply can refuse.

bigbob

Are you sure you don't need a trip to Specsavers? :laughing:

100% sure. There is a Rapide near me owned by a well known bus driver. The pale blue does not help but it just looks like they have stretched a DB9 - which they have - and the proportions are not quite right. That's the difference between a car that was styled from the bottom up - FF, DB9, GranTurismo - and one that is a sizeable adjustment of an existing shape.

bigbob

With you on that one, I too never ached for any of the rear engine ones. Great cars but a bit too point and squirt for me.
Your'e right about option spec. 40+k is typical and it doesn't take too long to spend it. Some cars Meridien have delivered have 80k plus options pushing them well over 300k.

Typical is the glass roof at 11k. Had one on the car in Austria at the ice driving and after an hour in sub zero it misted up plus even if the driver looks directly up you still can't see it as it starts just by the back of your head. Just another gimmick imo so passed on that one. Why don't they do a proper sunroof ?

I was at a Ferrari/Maserati driving day at Gleneagles last year and they found it quite funny when I suggested ordering a Cali with no extras!