Starting

Buddy

Hi guys hope you all having a fab weekend .well I've got a prob every now and then the 3200 turns over but won't fire up the file pumps priming every thinks good but no fire up a bit odd only bought it Wednesday

CatmanV2

Is it hot when this happens?

I understand the TDC sensors are prone to failure on the 3200 giving hot starting issues.

Also, do you have any lights on the dash?

C

Contigo

Sponsor
Hi Liam

Will be rpm/crank sensor or throttle body.

Have you scanned the codes on ECU?

Buddy

Hi it starts after five or six goes my check engine light is on to wheat for a drive to day and it was in limp mode whent back to the garge fiddled about with the throttle bodey plug as it looks a bit dogey then started ok and ran fine but engine light still on I've got a snap on ethos at work but I thought it was pree obd plug cos I can't find it

allandwf

What year is it? OBD2 compliant 2001 onwards, if it has plug it will be under steering column area, mine is just to the right.

allandwf

pre obd2 then, more awkward. there should still be a free plug kicking about, possibly 3 pin.

Contigo

Sponsor
It is a three pin plug mate underneath the dash. If it fails to start or is sluggish then throttle body is most likely cause especially with the check engine light on.

Try this as well just in case it is the pedal pot.

Turn ignition to MAR (so that all lights on dash are lit and hen go off) then wait for 2 minutes and then turn off.

Next do same Turn to MAR and then press the accelerator pedal fully down for 10 seconds. Then release and start.

Report back....

allandwf

Remember if you have a few codes. some will be an effect of another. Report back with what you find.

Buddy

Morning bud car would not start this morning done the throttle reset then it started but no throttle so did it again all ok now very weird

Buddy

Morning bud car would not start this morning done the throttle reset then it started but no throttle so did it again all ok now very weird 

Hi guys got some codes from the car ox1340 a unnamed code it said think it might be throttle pedal sensor what you think my neck step should be and most of the time it won't start now

Contigo

Sponsor
If you feel you are having problems with the pedal pot you can measure the voltage at idle and at WOT with the ignition at MAR, should be 0.3V and above at idle/rest and 3.4V and higher at WOT.

Buddy

Hi all ordered the crank and cam sensor to day so wish me luck em just one more question what does it mean about alignment of the two sensors they only go in one place

jluis

When removing the crank sensor, be careful as they have some thin spacers between the sensor and the engine block.
You will need to put them all back in when you put the new sensor.

The cam sensor is straight forward and has no adjustment.