Home detail and Gtechniq C2V3

Ryandoc

First opportunity to get a good 2-3 hours mini detail completed today. My days of having time to wax and buff properly are long gone so I'm trying out Gtechniq C2V3 liquid crystal for the first time.

Weapons of choice

She wasn't massively dirty to begin with but there were some orange spots on the front end. Tree sap related I think

Snow foamed first

I then washed and broke out the super resin polish to get the spots off, no probs there. Rubbers all treated with Gummi Pfledge. Wheels done with Bilberry.

Finally I used the C2V3. Read up lots on application. As it was my first time I played it safe and applied, distributed over panel and then after a few seconds buffed off with a clean MF towel. I wanted to avoid streaks at all costs.

After an hour or so going off im very impressed with the C2 and you can feel it's glass like finish. Car looks great and C2 will be product of choice from now on. Quick easy application and good results.

Appreciate phone pics can't do it justice but highly recommended

c4sman

Think you'll be impressed with c2 if its anything like the Exo stuff on my car. Good beading and easy to clean 14 months later. It is just about starting to deteriorate now, so planning a new application in the next few months.

Ryandoc

Thanks gents. I use to be well up on my detailing years ago but needed guiding again on this. Really like the C2. Am I right in thinking that C1 is the hardcore version of it?

If that's right I fancy a professional detail sometime with a machine Polish but not a deep paint correction. Then C1 being applied and Id top up regukar with C2.

Paintwork feels very smooth after today

Ryandoc

Still never get over the beauty of this car even just looking at my own pics it's a stunning thing

Ryandoc

I am Andy. Short of the real exotics, it's my dream choice. Went for a 20 min spin locally afterwards to get the surface rust off the discs after the wash and she turns heads everywhere. Beautiful timeless design

Andyk

I see you got it from AUC....They have a few very lovely GT for sale at the moment.......

Ryandoc

They had 2 Stradale's when I was there. The white one has a Larini system in it and he started it up for me. I can't even think of a word to describe it. I'm not sure there's a better sounding car on the road today, by that I mean even the GT in standard form. It takes everyone breath away.

Great eyesight by the way lol

EDIT: perhaps you noticed that in my avatar and not on my rear plate :frusty5:

Andyk

The white stradale has had a steel brake upgrade.....Not sure why that would be as the standard car has carbon ones.......Bit odd.....I see they have sold the black Stradale. They have a very lovely GTS in white with all the Sportline bits on which looks lovely. I tend to agree that on the noise......The Stradale takes some beating.

Ryandoc

Just taken a look that £53k model is very nice. Yeah we were talking about the steel brake thing. I have no experience of carbon brakes other than what I've read. He said carbon brakes are a bit awkward / pants for town / commute driving ? Guessing it must be something like that given the original owner did it?

hoyin

I assume that to get rid of swirls I need someone to polish the car? And this is something I cannot do myself?

Ryandoc

Really needs to be a Machine polish to make any real difference as a hand polish just isn't good enough. Deep machine polish does wonders or full on paint correction will get that better than new glass like finish, something you'd do very rarely.

Naturally you can try a machine polish yourself, just be an orbital machine and appropriate compound. You need tp be careful its easy to burn the paint if you over do one area and you need plenty of water with the compound

conaero

Forum Owner
I have been looking into the EXO and Crystal and am unsure which way to go. My bonnet and wing tops are due for repaint in the Autumn and may hold off till that is done.

I do want to do it now though and hold a bit back for the bonnet, think I may go the C2V3 as its a black car and I don't want any streaking.

What I have read so far is that you need to remove all traces of wax and silicone fillers with the supplied cleaner so no point in waxing it first so I have been led to believe, just clay bar then machine polishing with 3M Supafina then straight on with the cleaner and then finally the C2V3.

EnzoMC is the expert with these products but am still waiting for him to answer my PM.

The reason I want to do it is that both Enzo and I have black GS's and we both drove down to Modena last Autumn. By the time we hit mid France his car was still virtually clean and mine was covered dust and streaks.

The only thing I will then do is rinse and apply Demon Shine as the stuff is brilliant on the move.

Almichie

I have been looking into the EXO and Crystal and am unsure which way to go. My bonnet and wing tops are due for repaint in the Autumn and may hold off till that is done.

I do want to do it now though and hold a bit back for the bonnet, think I may go the C2V3 as its a black car and I don't want any streaking.

What I have read so far is that you need to remove all traces of wax and silicone fillers with the supplied cleaner so no point in waxing it first so I have been led to believe, just clay bar then machine polishing with 3M Supafina then straight on with the cleaner and then finally the C2V3.

EnzoMC is the expert with these products but am still waiting for him to answer my PM.

The reason I want to do it is that both Enzo and I have black GS's and we both drove down to Modena last Autumn. By the time we hit mid France his car was still virtually clean and mine was covered dust and streaks.

The only thing I will then do is rinse and apply Demon Shine as the stuff is brilliant on the move.

Apparently it goes over or under anything... I'm off to get some right now; it looks that good