Home detail and Gtechniq C2V3

VMSRTI

Car looks great. Probably my favourite colour for this car..

The larinis sound great by the way.

Ryandoc

Car looks great. Probably my favourite colour for this car..

The larinis sound great by the way.

Thanks for the compliment. From my long time searching I never saw many white / Bianco early models. Mine is a 2009 and it jumped out at me when I saw it

EnzoMC

I have been looking into the EXO and Crystal and am unsure which way to go. My bonnet and wing tops are due for repaint in the Autumn and may hold off till that is done.

I do want to do it now though and hold a bit back for the bonnet, think I may go the C2V3 as its a black car and I don't want any streaking.

What I have read so far is that you need to remove all traces of wax and silicone fillers with the supplied cleaner so no point in waxing it first so I have been led to believe, just clay bar then machine polishing with 3M Supafina

then straight on with the cleaner and then finally the C2V3.

EnzoMC is the expert with these products but am still waiting for him to answer my PM.

The reason I want to do it is that both Enzo and I have black GS's and we both drove down to Modena last Autumn. By the time we hit mid France his car was still virtually clean and mine was covered dust and streaks.

The only thing I will then do is rinse and apply Demon Shine as the stuff is brilliant on the move.

I would wait Matt until your car is ready but you could try an Exo coating and see how this is on your LeMans trip....

Apple device are an expensive waste of money and can't even run apps over 5yr old... I typed this reply on misses ipad, switch to a web tab and then back and lost what I typed. typed it again, switched tabs and it did it again - what a pile of cr@p

revert to PC that can swap apps, still run programs over 15years old and possibly cheaper... I know but not as handy. thats the rant over, maybe this isn't worth it now....

an..y......hoo

car looks very nice and good choice or products. Bilberry wheel clean is good stuff and I use on some cars, Meguiars stuff I use most of the time, more less this stuff just the pro version in much bigger containers. a tip to try next time - put a few drops of your Gold shampoo in with your snow foam with warm water :)

I was impressed when I did the test using Crystal Serum / Exo to Italy. Matt's car and mine car both looked good at the start but after a few days Matt's car was looking dusty. I Only cleaned my car before we went to the Enzo tour then when I got home

last stop before Modena (4 days in) and after a foggy night drive over the Alps - not as clean at T's awesome GT-MC :)

18th Sept 2014
trip01.jpg

pic below is after an overnight storm which got most of the dirt and dust off :) this is on the way back and stopped off were I was hoping we would have stopped on the way down with all the other Mas - that would have been a great picture for the tours photo album - Matt can we add this to the 2016 tour ?

28th Sept 2014 (8 days after last wash and driving around South France)
trip02.jpg

trip03.jpg

my main point (below) is C2v3 and Exo are easy to apply and OK to do in most environments (as per good job done on Ryan GT), C1 and Crystal Serum needs more attention

C2V3 is easy to apply and shouldn't give you streaks if you take your time, Matt - I was talking about using C1 or Crystal Serum, as these create a glass type layer, these will streak and will be hard to sort out if not done at time of being applied.

OVERVIEW
C2V3 is gloss top coating - can be applied on-top of C1. can be applied on-top of Crystal Serum but I would recommend Exo if your looking at this level of products.
Exo is hydrophobic top coating - can be applied on-top of C1 or Crystal Serum
C1 is a crystal protective coatings - apply to clean bodywork only
Crystal Serum is a protective ceramic coating - apply to clean bodywork only

As much as I rate GTechniq products, these are still miles behind the finish from a Wax coating for gloss. Wax will provide just as good protective coating but won't last anywhere near as long as GTechniq stuff.

Exo is like a smooth gel when set and will repel water off the bodywork, Wax on the other hand will cause a nice looking water beading effect and run off when moving, however if parked in the sun any dirt in the water is left behind from the beading, causing water marks.

C1/Crystal Serum is best applied inside - start with a machine polished bodywork to a finish you are happy with and is free from oil, wax and other contaminants. apply to one panel at a time and take your time checking with spot lights and a light gun looking for marks / streaks.

The machine polish stage is IMPORTANT - if not done, once you've applied C1 or crystal serum - all you've done is cover the marks and swirls which you will notice and will be harder to remove. These product are easy to apply if you take your time. C1/Crystal Serum are not a few hours work. I applied (similar product) Oracle coating (customers choice) to a similar size car and this took 5-6 hours (just to apply the product) on-top was about 8 hours machine polishing.

my car I have Crystal Serum and Exo applied this took 3 days (25+ hours) prep and machine polish, apply crystal serum, apply Exo

recently applied Zymol Concours wax (great stuff) to get a gloss finish, I could have applied C2v3 for a gloss prefer wax for this finish - just need the next level sample from Newton... pretty please :) yes for the eagle eyed or for anyone who got this far - yes I applied wax and yes it will cause water marks but my car is a garage queen so hopefully it won't. Exo for the winter / long trips - Wax for summer.....simples

hope this helps Matt..... shame your too far away otherwise would offer hardware / assistance

now disclaimer: to all, this is given in goodwill - just don't blame me

Ryandoc

car looks very nice and good choice or products. Bilberry wheel clean is good stuff and I use on some cars, Meguiars stuff I use most of the time, more less this stuff just the pro version in much bigger containers. a tip to try next time - put a few drops of your Gold shampoo in with your snow foam with warm water :)

my main point (below) is C2v3 and Exo are easy to apply and OK to do in most environments (as per good job done on Ryan GT), C1 and Crystal Serum needs more attention

C2V3 is easy to apply and shouldn't give you streaks if you take your time, Matt - I was talking about using C1 or Crystal Serum, as these create a glass type layer, these will streak and will be hard to sort out if not done at time of being applied.

now disclaimer: to all, this is given in goodwill - just don't blame me

Ive heard that a few times regards adding a few drops of shampoo to the snow foam but never tried it, now I've got a single coat of C2V3 on i'll try that next time then layer up with the C2V3 again.

Its as I thought regards C1, so I'll look at some point to get a full detail done with machine polish and then a C1 treatment. Might look at getting this done at the end of the summer. Just need to find a good detailer in the North East now.

EnzoMC

Ive heard that a few times regards adding a few drops of shampoo to the snow foam but never tried it, now I've got a single coat of C2V3 on i'll try that next time then layer up with the C2V3 again.

Its as I thought regards C1, so I'll look at some point to get a full detail done with machine polish and then a C1 treatment. Might look at getting this done at the end of the summer. Just need to find a good detailer in the North East now.

not sure what age your car is but you maybe able to get away with going over with a DA polisher (suspect you don't have that many marks, swirls). I'm sure you could do a DA polish and then IPA wipe down and then apply C1, then your C3v2 on top

shame your not closer would be happy to help out - good luck

Ryandoc

Thanks for the offer Enzo.

Yeah fully agree with your comments. She is a 2009 so there is some swirling but I've kind of accepted over the years to not aim for perfection although a one off paint correction and then looking after her would work but I'd be happy with a deep machine polish then C1 and maintain with C2

Think it's something I'll look into as I wouldn't want to tackle the machine polish myself so will suss out a good detailer

conaero

Forum Owner
Right, decision make, 30ml C1 and 1L of C2V3 it is (, with a DA polish first.

Thanks for that Enzo.

This is what sold it to me, look how dry the car is after a soaking and this is a week later and 600km of traffic film:

[video=youtube;oEnIVpNA7zQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEnIVpNA7zQ[/video]

conaero

Forum Owner
Just had my delivery, Ill report back, any tips Enzo greatly accepted. the C1 says I need to remove all traces of other products, what should I use to do that, panel wipe?

IMG_2406.jpg

EnzoMC

Just had my delivery, Ill report back, any tips Enzo greatly accepted. the C1 says I need to remove all traces of other products, what should I use to do that, panel wipe?

View attachment 28940

Yea an IPA 50/50ish which is always good idea to use when machine work, wipe down to see your work progress and check if any machine marks or ok to move to next area. Doing this will remove e the compound oils and this process should remove most waxes and some sealants if applied.

Once all the car is machined and cleaned I wipe a panel checking surface if clean and no machine marks and then apply C1. Doing one sections at a time. I use makeup clean pads which you can get 50 from boots for a few quid. (Lint free).

EnzoMC

oops... Finger trouble or mobile deciding for me

Yes panel wipe or IPA 50/50 solutions...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Starting to feel I may be under-buffed for le Mans. Still, if I've got an a/c compressor and breakdown cover I'll be happy :smile: