The good morning thread

DLax69

Morning, all...ahoy, Loz and congrats Newton! Another day, another evening meeting. Rain falling still...day 3...but supposed to clear. Bottom falls out tonight, temp-wise but is to be nearly 80F Friday through the weekend and sunny. So may be able to make some progress on this round here. Maybe...

Andyk

Good morning all. For those in work today hope all goes well and you get away early on this Good Friday. For those off on Good Friday - Lucky B4stards. ;-)

CatmanV2

Morning everyone and Friday it is.
My Woodman cancelled yesterday due to the extreme weather and didn't want to get the wood wet.
The weather is Good for today so I'm getting wood ;)

Will it be in the morning? Mrs French asked me to ask you...

Morning all. Friends for lunch. Just waiting for Ocado to deliver it so I can start cooking.

Have a good one, all

C

lozcb

Morning everyone and Friday it is.
My Woodman cancelled yesterday due to the extreme weather and didn't want to get the wood wet.
The weather is Good for today so I'm getting wood ;)
Morning all , seems we have the calm after the storm here which bodes well , will be busy for a bit replacing said furniture after the decorators departure yesterday ,madams happy which is my main concern , might get to play again later today

Phil can I ask what you pay for your wood delivered , Im a newbie with wood burner set up having fitted ours in October last year , just for ease and guaranteed warmth I ordered 1.5cm3 in a huge builders bag type thing on a pallet £240 which seemed a lot to me but got the job done and kept the lady happy , this summer i'll be seeking out alternative sources for the winter stock .........just wondered whether it is similar to French prices

zagatoes30

Morning all, Good Friday a funny day here it's not officially a Bank Holiday but most either take it off or hang a round pretending to work normally everyone has gone by lunchtime. It's better these days but until recently pubs had to close on Good Friday. Both parts of this have always confused me with the Irish love for religion and alcohol.

philw696

Morning all , seems we have the calm after the storm here which bodes well , will be busy for a bit replacing said furniture after the decorators departure yesterday ,madams happy which is my main concern , might get to play again later today

Phil can I ask what you pay for your wood delivered , Im a newbie with wood burner set up having fitted ours in October last year , just for ease and guaranteed warmth I ordered 1.5cm3 in a huge builders bag type thing on a pallet £240 which seemed a lot to me but got the job done and kept the lady happy , this summer i'll be seeking out alternative sources for the winter stock .........just wondered whether it is similar to French prices
7.5 cubic meters cost €450.
An hours graft and a 1/3 of it into the corner of the workshop but my pace is slowing :)
IMG_20240329_090018_496~2.jpgIMG_20240329_100545_099~2.jpg

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, got home yesterday to a delivery from Fortnum & Mason of a lovely hamper with a 'generous' game pie included, a thank you from my eldest & co for the garage roof works :) Guess what I'll be having for lunch then :D Younger daughter and her fella have named the baby: George Alexander Thompson, all are doing very well and I have passed on the good wishes.

I had a rather frustrating afternoon yesterday, trying to chase down a tank of argon for my mig welder to complete a job, to no avail. Seems I should have got on with sorting it earlier in the week.

Have fun all...

lozcb

Morning all, got home yesterday to a delivery from Fortnum & Mason of a lovely hamper with a 'generous' game pie included, a thank you from my eldest & co for the garage roof works :) Guess what I'll be having for lunch then :D Younger daughter and her fella have named the baby: George Alexander Thompson, all are doing very well and I have passed on the good wishes.

I had a rather frustrating afternoon yesterday, trying to chase down a tank of argon for my mig welder to complete a job, to no avail. Seems I should have got on with sorting it earlier in the week.

Have fun all...
If you get really desperate I have one , providing your happy to exchange bottles ...................long way to come , havent heard there being a shortage of Argon

2b1ask1

Special case
If you get really desperate I have one , providing your happy to exchange bottles ...................long way to come , havent heard there being a shortage of Argon
It’s a legacy issue Loz; about 3-years ago I got fed up with the annual rental on gasses I wasn’t using regularly. They got away with an extra year as I missed the renewal date but I got the bottles back over the next year. Didn’t stop them billing me for yet another year’s rental, to the point of threatening court action before the eventually realised I had no bottles to pay for. What I discovered yesterday when trying to get a bottle on the rent free system is that the account is very much on stop because of the threatened action!

Got the stop lifted with credit control but it seems distributions operate in a different time zone!

lozcb

It’s a legacy issue Loz; about 3-years ago I got fed up with the annual rental on gasses I wasn’t using regularly. They got away with an extra year as I missed the renewal date but I got the bottles back over the next year. Didn’t stop them billing me for yet another year’s rental, to the point of threatening court action before the eventually realised I had no bottles to pay for. What I discovered yesterday when trying to get a bottle on the rent free system is that the account is very much on stop because of the threatened action!

Got the stop lifted with credit control but it seems distributions operate in a different time zone!
British Oxygen by any chance

lozcb

It's seasoned Loz from an old boy that all he does is firewood it won't get banned here :)
Excellent Phil, it wont get banned here either , if they try i'll take absolutely no notice , what they going to do to a 70 year old bang me up and give me three meals a day , thats more than I get now for chrisake and free on tap prioritised medical ..........whats not to like lol

DLax69

Morning all. Friends for lunch. Just waiting for Ocado to deliver it so I can start cooking.
You prattling about wood when confessing to cannibalism is quite the deflection, Chris!

It's still morning here! Technically a work day, but doing WFH and not a full day either, as I had about 45 in yesterday night by the time I rolled into the house. Sunny, clear, and warm for next three days...!