The good morning thread

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, last day of repairs working with my brother today, three jobs to complete but the last two are dependent upon a delivery of parts.

Have fun all...

MrMickS

Morning all,

Surprisingly bright this morning, based on the BBC Weather app. Not surprised the BBC are ditching the Met Office the forecast for tomorrow has changed multiple times per day over the last few days. They might as well just say that they don't know!

Yorkshire Air Museum today followed by final fettling before Cars In The Park tomorrow.

Young Loki looks a bit tricky to me. Just watched one of hours playing with dead small furry thing in the yard for the last 15 minutes. She's come in for real good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoffCapes

Morning all.

11 hours sleep last night, which sorted out the lack of sleep from flying back from St Lucia.
Today's job is to change the pollen filter in the Maser and clear the drainage pipes.
Will hopefully stop the footwells filling with water.

Have a good one all!

CatmanV2

Morning all. Rather overcast today, which is a slight disappointment.

Still Aikido seminar this afternoon then grillin with a colleague and the class. I hope there will be some interesting discussions. :)

Have a good day, all

C

MrMickS

Morning all,

Tipping it down here. Hope it stops before we have to leave for Cars In The Park. Drying towels packed just in case.

Have a great day all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zagatoes30

Morning all, looks like the rain came in last night

The Trax boys at the circuit are in trouble, loads of engine revving and tyre squealing from 6:30 onwards followed by the sounds of lots of Blues & Twos - Some of the locals would have been on the phone complaining and the circuit would have had to act even though it wasn't going on there. I can here the Mr Angry from Silverstone noises in all the local social media today.

Whatever happened it seemed to have resolved the problem as it is quiet out there at the moment, well until 9:00 when the circuit is allowed to make noise

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Morning, everyone.

Welcome home, Mark and Mrs Mark, and good luck with everything. May she be tolerant and patient with you!

Need to cut the grass this morning and then over to a friend'/ for a BBQ this afternoon. The Fiat may need a quick wash - the peppermint green really shows the dirt. A higher priority is probably to apply some Gtechniq to protect the interior. Washed the Maser and the Swift yesterday. Used the Meguiars clay cloth on the Swift and holy **** that a difference it made. Started out feeling like sand paper but really quickly pulled out all the nasty embedded shite and brought the paintwork back to a deep, glossy red. Amazing product.

Have a good day, SM.

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, Frankenvan is moving out of the garage for a few weeks today to make room for Alex to rebuild his Boxer-of-bits BMW in the dry and clean environment.

Got a new exhaust to put on the Aygo as well so up on the post lift it goes.

Have fun all...

GeoffCapes

Thanks Adam. She is always patient with me! :)

Today involves doing not a lot and then over to the Mother in Laws for lunch to meet some of Alex's Dutch relatives.
Nice and relaxing hopefully before a return to the coal face tomorrow.

midlifecrisis

Morning all, dashed home to see the Mrs, crossing the New Forest at 0815 and I overtook the motorised version of the walk of shame, a man in a suit on a 125cc bike with a 1970s helmet. Possibly a Griffin helmet. The bike was Chinese and he had L plates. Not sure where he nicked it from..

CatmanV2

Morning all. Fascinating Aikido seminar yesterday, and dinner last night.

Not much to do today. Some work I guess. Weather looking a bit grey and predicting thunderstorms. This would be inconvenient, frankly.

Oh well. Have a great day, all

C

2b1ask1

Special case
A good day was had today, wish I was not so aching after the intense week of work but got through my list of tasks involving motor vehicles today. Getting the Frankenvan to lock was a challenge but got there in the end, I had to strip the door card off the drivers door and dismantle the window motor to manually raise the glass but that is a repair for another day. Put my number onto the GS today, went for a different configuration with no spaces this time as I wanted it to be slightly changed from the old car and the Spartan reference is lost on most anyway.

I think it looks much better this way:

image.jpg

image.jpg

D Walker

Indeed Dave, Greek wife, lots of kids, many appropriate quotes from that great film in my life!

Come to think of it, you actually have a look of Leonidas about you !!!!

I can just see you now:

Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in ****!