The good morning thread

Andyk

Morning all.... Sunny morning in La Harve... Around a 4 hour journey to Mav's cottage now. Have a great weekend.

MrPea

Morning everyone!

The ST had developed a vibration and noise from the front right wheel that was periodic with rotation. I whipped it off earlier this morning to check over the wheel, tyre, brakes etc and no issues. The wheel is now back on, and no issues any more!

All set to head up to Liverpool with a couple of friends. A former next door neighbour is going to show us around her boat on which she'll start her Clipper round the world race tomorrow! Exciting!

HapPea Saturday.

2 weeks until a week off in Portugal...
Me too! Can't wait.

Contigo

Sponsor
Morning all from the rainy North West! meeting up with some old friends today and having many beers :D Have a great weekend.

MrMickS

Morning from a sunny God's Own County. No rain on this side of the Pennines.

Lazy day today sorting out some shopping for the road trip.

Have a good one all

2b1ask1

Special case
The ST had developed a vibration and noise from the front right wheel that was periodic with rotation. I whipped it off earlier this morning to check over the wheel, tyre, brakes etc and no issues. The wheel is now back on, and no issues any more!

Weird isn't it; the new Mito has suddenly developed what feels to all intents a warped disk as it pulses the peddle and braking force as you slow, it is only on 8,000 miles and the pads are 3/4 full. Mind you it was also off the dipstick when I looked on Thursday so Alfa are keeping their oil drinking ways!!!

2b1ask1

Special case
I made a Darlek today! The local pik*** sorry 'transient community' have been hitting the parking meters and keeping me busy welding plugs in the holes they drill in the sides to vacuum the money out of! Basically they have been slapping a magnadrill on the side and boring a 1.5" hole in the top side of the money box!

So today I fabricated on site an experimental solution that should cause them to need a rethink...

70x70x6mm 304 stainless angle welded to the chassis and over the 1" plate previously added to try and stop them. Not pretty but disperate metals, vertical an inverse welding I was going for function over finess.

IMG_3926.jpg

2b1ask1

Special case
Picked the GS up from Blackheath this evening as Voycey bought it back to London for me. Despite heavy traffic most of the way home I still managed to fix a smile, the clutch is set up to my requirements and it has transformed the car. He did me a full shakedown from nose to tail to see if there were any gremlins ahead of the Spanish trip and there is nothing to be worried about. I'll change the oil the weekend before and may pop some fresh tyres on if the funds allow. Not because they are worn but they are aged and Vredestiens... Fancy some Michelin Pilot Sports 4 S

safrane

Morning...though I would get up before Andy and wash the car...still dark though!

I hatw waking ao early at times.

zagatoes30

Morning all, you will be glad to hear we are into the last week of our American adventure, back into the modern world as we cross from Oklahoma to Chicago for our flight back a week today

Andyk

Morning...though I would get up before Andy and wash the car...still dark though!

I hatw waking ao early at times.

Good morning all.....No car washing for me Pete....Sat drinking coffee in a very quiet French village in lovely sunshine wondering if the pool would be a bit chilly for an early morning dip.

MrMickS

Morning,

Lie in for me today. Hospital visiting later. Might call in to see the 'Thoroughbred Car Display' at Brodsworth on the way.

Have a great day all

CatmanV2

Morning forum.
Just waiting for Mrs Catman to put her trainers on so we can go for a little run. Then some pottering and probably a student coming round this afternoon.

For those that have expressed an interest, Their Mortal Remains at the V+A was really rather impressive.

Have a great day, all

C

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, a comparatively quiet day today, got to change the oil on the Aygo and Volvo.

Have fun all...