The good morning thread

Andyk

Good morning all...Good day yesterday meeting the head of Icelands head of Logistics and Supply Chain for customer sign off on my new job...Went really well and I am now even more excited about my new role........Just need to get the next 8 week notice period out the way. Cannot wait.

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning

Andy, company car???

Day off today. Prep the car for its 1500 mile trip to France which basically means cleaning it and fitting the video screens in the back...if i can find them, its been years since we last used them.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good, Andy. Roll on 8 weeks time!

Morning, all. Off to The Hague today, back tomorrow night. Friday was due to be spent giving the car a pre-Brunty scrub but Stuff seems to have crashed into my diary. Will have to try and carve out an hour in the afternoon.

Good luck with the screens, Matt. You taking the Audi?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Morning

Andy, company car???

Day off today. Prep the car for its 1500 mile trip to France which basically means cleaning it and fitting the video screens in the back...if i can find them, its been years since we last used them.

Unless you do huge business miles, or a fair commute distance, I would do without the company car.
I can't do without, do around 20K business miles but then I am chastised for the 4K personal miles.
If I could leave the car at work and cycle to the office (only 5 miles), and not pay for it, I would!
Of course if you do say a 50 mile round trip commute, it would make sense, especially if a Plug in hybrid and 5% BIK.

dem maser

Morning
Had a few beers last night with an old friend....great to catch up but i have a headache this morning

Good weather all day so enjoy

StuartW

Morning all, another lovely sunny day today to enjoy.
Visited the nice chaps at Woolies yesterday which is local to me but they couldn't help with a leather product for my steering wheel as theirs are water based and are convinced that it would come off onto your hands very quickly. But the Furniture Clinic products sound good so I will be giving it a try.
Have a good day everyone

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Bit of a stop start beginning to the day.
Was just off out for a meeting at Gatwick, then they cancelled just as I was stepping out the front door.
Which in itself is not so bad, but the two other guys I invited to the meeting aren't answering their phones so are probably on route!

Maybe they need to invest in 'hands free'!

Oh well, at least in means shorts and t-shirt in the office day! Looks nice out, hopefully will be able to get the bit out later.

Have a good one all!

Contigo

Sponsor
Morning all, in Chalfont again hopefully last day and then can get the snotter prepped for Brunty.

Weather looks like it might change and be nice for Saturday now.

drewf

Morning all, another lovely sunny day today to enjoy.
Visited the nice chaps at Woolies yesterday which is local to me but they couldn't help with a leather product for my steering wheel as theirs are water based and are convinced that it would come off onto your hands very quickly. But the Furniture Clinic products sound good so I will be giving it a try.
Have a good day everyone

Furniture clinic stuff is excellent - I've used it to repair a leather seat and couldn't have been happier with the results. I sent a sample for matching, and the results were a perfect dye match.

StuartW

Furniture clinic stuff is excellent - I've used it to repair a leather seat and couldn't have been happier with the results. I sent a sample for matching, and the results were a perfect dye match.

I had a long chat with them and they recommended their black balm cream for a steering wheel so have ordered a pot and I hope I'm as happy with the results as you are Drew, they were very helpful

Mr.Cambio

Morning
Had a few beers last night with an old friend....great to catch up but i have a headache this morning

Good weather all day so enjoy

Drinks and headache as well...these bl**dy night runs...

Morning all. Back to the office now, but temperature rises again, which i don't like.

Have a good day all.

Andyk

Morning

Andy, company car???

Yes Matt....Didn't want one as wanted pocket the money and put some towards a QP but with 100 mile round trip a day I have to take the company car.....Waiting for the list.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
The main road from our place into Nantwich was blocked off this morning as there had been an accident earlier in the morning. Just found out a classmate and good mate of Ryan was killed in a head-on crash. 21 years old. It's another reality check on how lucky we are getting away with what we get away with. RIP Declan.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It is mate, but thanks. Sue knew him well and she's in bits. Just another in a long line of kicks to the Bollox.

2b1ask1

Special case
Sad Benny; another shooting star...

I've spent the day booking up a week in Budapest next week going Tuesday and back on Saturday, refitting the site I installed early last year with a load of upgrades and new electronics not the system is fully developed. Taking Alex with me so should be a good trip, it is however a warm up for the follow up trip to Kuala Lumpur about three weeks time to do the same again and install another site as well! That one will be ten days... Better pack the sun cream this time!