The good morning thread

hoyin

In Amsterdam. For work not pleasure. Weather was lovely yesterday. Just woke up now to torrential rain ....

:-( didn't bring an umbrella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMickS

Morning all,

I don't know why I watch the news in the morning, it just irritates me. WFH this morning, hoping to take the afternoon off if I can, or at least half the afternoon. May see some sun later so Alfa Spider time. Blow the cobwebs away ahead of the weekend.

Do have some more videos to edit. Think I'll leave them until the weekend though. Getting a bit obsessed with it lol

hoyin

Also been in touch with Dicky Grace about selling my car. He was really nice. He must think I am such a time waster!

Truth is I just need to think about it. But haven't had time to sit at home and really consider what I want to do.

The sad thing is I have only driven the car maybe 4 times since we have come back from Le Mans.

Especially now with the second kid. I just can't be bothered to spend 1hr moving baby and toddler seats into the car and then moving them back into my wife's car after.

CatmanV2

Also been in touch with Dicky Grace about selling my car. He was really nice. He must think I am such a time waster!

Truth is I just need to think about it. But haven't had time to sit at home and really consider what I want to do.

The sad thing is I have only driven the car maybe 4 times since we have come back from Le Mans.

Especially now with the second kid. I just can't be bothered to spend 1hr moving baby and toddler seats into the car and then moving them back into my wife's car after.

Buy another set of car seats?

C

Ebenezer

Just buy some more seats.. Small price to pay for massive gains.
I see that C has already said this.

Not sure if he's noticed but we seem to respond in similar ways to the same things... spooky

Eb

CatmanV2

Not sure if he's noticed but we seem to respond in similar ways to the same things... spooky

Eb

Certainly for you, Eb. I'm used to having stalkers ;)

C

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Office bound today after a potentially excellent meeting yesterday.

Lots of admin to do for my new accountant, which once done, will mean less work for me to do. But will obviously cost more.
The flip side being more time to make money which in turn will mean money spent of the new accountant is money well spent.

Better crack on.

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, just completing some admin before heading into Kent to inspect two sites in Leybourne. Then home to write up some sites and pack, collecting Jeanette, Sally and Son-in-Law Chris before heading to Letchworth Hall Spa for a relaxing weekender and Ladies Night (Saturday) with my lodge.

Have fun all...

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Morning all.
All up early at silly o'clock in Orlando after arriving last night.
We have a big Dodge SUV, usual trashy thing!
First day relaxing poolside and shopping, we are not into a park everyday!
It's hoty hot hot, we need this break after the traumas this year.

hoyin

Eb

Yeah thanks Eb and C. More junk to buy.

They ain't cheap these car seats.

I'll keep thinking.

CatmanV2

Morning all. Windy but sunny here. Today I think I shall make piccalilli, even if I can't spell it.

Have a great day, everyone

C

safrane

Morning all.

Today I shall be scrubbing a pair of pants I was wearing last night.

I needed to move the GS out of the garage to get the lawn mower out. Not used it for a few months (car not mower) so let it warm up slowly. Just as I started to roll out the garage there was a loud bang and flash of red from the rear of the car that gave me a real shock.

Sat there for a second with the engine still running fine...no strange noises, no warning lights no lumpy running?????

Moved out of the carage and exit the car to look at the 'damage'

Nothing there... no fluids, no marks etc.

Turn to look in the empty garage to see a fiberglass sledge that has been in the rafters had fallen off, knocking out one of the florescent lights with both shattering when they hit the floor.

Good job I started to move out when I did or I would have had a nasty sledge shaped dent in the roof...I guess the vibrations from that V8 made the earth move!

Now back to cleaning said pants!