Out of a boy's toy and into a man's machine!

Sham83

Hi- I'm new to the forum and soon to be a first time owner so any advice/tips are much appreciated...will be part exchanging my Lotus Exige S for a Maserati GranTurismo S - I cannot wait! :)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good move, Sham83, from one fine car to another. When does the new one come?

Welcome to the finest forum known to mankind!

highlander

Agree with Adam, the lotus a fine machine too but you will love the usability of the mas in comparison. ;)
Welcome to the forum!

Sham83

hi guys- I take delivery this weekend so will post something then. looking forward to my new baby but sad to see the old girl go :( in an ideal world I would own both!

Fangio63

Great to see another GT owner on here... theres been a few recently... be nice to hear some banter that doesn't relate to boomerangs / knackered suspensions / and CEL lights...

Fangio63

Welcome to the best Maser forum around

Harsh but probably fair ;)

I do enjoy it really !..... Whats great about this group is that (unlike other car forums) - theres seldom any whingeing .... and pretty rapidly theres someone along with the solution.... Whats more... we tend to share when things go well... which is nearly all of the time....

Those involved with the recent Replacement Brake Disc Challenge ought to feel pretty pleased with themselves.... can't think of any other forum I've been on where that sort of knowledge, nouse and determination even exist...never mind actually getting the job done !

I think Sham83 and some of the other newbies are in for a pleasant surprise.... and I'm looking forward to a few more GT 's at the meets ...

Mr.Cambio

Welcome Sham. All of the above guys need the GTS pics. I personally want to see some Exige pics as well.

(chaps..do not shoot me out of the forum please :) )

I never really 'got' the point of the Exige other than an engineering exercise - which it excelled at
Or was that the point?

Anyway, welcome along

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I never really 'got' the point of the Exige other than an engineering exercise - which it excelled at
Or was that the point?

Anyway, welcome along

Exige/Elise, basically the same thing, one with a fixed roof, one not.
What was the point? Having owned a S1 111s for 8 years before moving on to the Maser, well, you are totally with one with the car.
The handling and road feedback is unmatched, along with a caterham and similar.
I would go for a drive in the Elise just for fun, and come home with a big smile on my face.
The same with the Maser, but for slightly different reasons.
Both good.

Sham83

Exige/Elise, basically the same thing, one with a fixed roof, one not.
What was the point? Having owned a S1 111s for 8 years before moving on to the Maser, well, you are totally with one with the car.
The handling and road feedback is unmatched, along with a caterham and similar.
I would go for a drive in the Elise just for fun, and come home with a big smile on my face.
The same with the Maser, but for slightly different reasons.
Both good.

While I don't entirely agree that the Exige is basically the same as an Elise (that's almost like saying the Stradale is the same as the stock 4.2 GT), I do wholeheartedly concur that, as a driver's car, not much out there comes close in terms of cornering, feedback and pure driving pleasure- you really are at one with the car (don't listen to what Porsche owners say!). However, the Lotus does lack creature comforts and ultimate power. That's where the Maserati comes in... :D

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Great to see another GT owner on here... theres been a few recently... be nice to hear some banter that doesn't relate to boomerangs / knackered suspensions / and CEL lights...

Don't tempt fate! I can give you banter on cam and timing cover gaskets, a/c pump and clutch. But it makes me weep, so I don't.

Andyk

A big warm welcome Sham...Great car the Exige and a very effective weapon but very different to the GT S.....Which I'm sure you know.....Look forward to seeing some pictiues of your lovely Maserati.

Sham83

loving the car so far and only had it for a few days...though so far I've probably looked at / listened to it more than I have actually driven it!

the weather has been a bit naff in London so not had a chance to take some nice pics yet. but for those of you that can't wait, here are some dealer shots:

http://www.approvedusedvehicles.co....ranturismo-4-7-s-2dr-hinckley-201505063232232

and here is my lotus:

http://www.approvedusedvehicles.co....-touring-touring-2dr-hinckley-201505293863706

I hope you like!

Andyk

Or was that the point?

Anyway, welcome along

I have had two and loved each one...MRK 1 was a track car but I used it everyday...Was so much fun and one of the better cars I've owned. The MRK 2 was more civilised and again used it everyday........Getting in both was an event everyday and like Maserati very special.....I went to a track day with Lotus at Donny before buying my MRK 2 Exige and it handled better than an Elise, gave more confidence and was considerably quicker than the Elise with the same engine.....

Andyk

loving the car so far and only had it for a few days...though so far I've probably looked at / listened to it more than I have actually driven it!

the weather has been a bit naff in London so not had a chance to take some nice pics yet. but for those of you that can't wait, here are some dealer shots:

http://www.approvedusedvehicles.co....ranturismo-4-7-s-2dr-hinckley-201505063232232

and here is my lotus:

http://www.approvedusedvehicles.co....-touring-touring-2dr-hinckley-201505293863706

I hope you like!

Ah, you bought that one....Saw it had gone. That would have been the car I would have gone for it in the market..It looked bloody stunning.....Glad it has gone to an SM member....Well done SHam83 great choice.

And as for the Lotus...you have great taste in cars Sham83. Must say the Exige S has really held it's value very well indeed....In fact the standard Exige seems to have stopped falling in price.......Great car...Your old and new.

Get your name down for the brunty charity day Sham, your car would be very popular and it would be great to meet you...

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showt...015-(Who-s-coming)/page18?p=405319#post405319

Dyer3200

Congratulations Sham that is a lovely example of the marque plenty of carbon too by the looks of it
What part of town are you in ?