Tpms?

ratbag

Last night my "Flat tyre" warning light came on.
This morning it has gone off but there are no tyre pressure readings, but no warnings to say the system is "unavailable".
I have tried recalibrating it but no improvement.

Any one had this? Car is 6 years old so I suspect TPMS sensor batteries are failing but surprised there are no dash warning coming up.....

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Fixed by clearing fault codes- "Unable to receeive data" Interesting.....

Logically that could suggest battery failure in the sender / pressure sensing units. But it's Italian so could be anything. Regardless, here's hoping it stays fixed.

bigbob

I have found that the TPMS in the GranTurismo to be very useful and accurate. Most of what is in it is standard industry kit but the Maserati prices for new valves are likely to be high. My local tyre place reckons he can supply new valves and reprogram then but my car is just coming up to four years old so hopefully I will not need to try for a couple of years. Worth a ring round.

Classico

Nice work on finding the part ratbag.

I had a false alarm recently with my sensors.

Good to know there is a OEM compatible part for when the system eventually goes cactus.

justhb

Hi
I replaced all of the TPMS units on my QP V for $140 - sent to the UK.

See the reference details below from the EBay seller
I had them fitted when I put on 4 new tyres and after a few short miles they were recognised and no problems since.

TPMS OE REPLACEMENT TIRE SENSOR-Mercedes/ Ferrari/ Maserati/ Bentley/By EMS 1
Item number: 400670204092
Sale price: $35.00
Estimated delivery: Varies (Seller dispatches within 2 days)
Postage & packaging: Standard Shipping from outside US Free
Standard Int'l Shipping Free
Seller information:
- kipoint - contact seller
kipoint (4457 )
886-2-2999-3239
Taipei County