Exhaust - Disco Valante.

safrane

Just watched the Top Gear episode on the DV. Given it has a similar engine to my GS what whould be needed to match the exhaust sound?????

highlander

Just watched that myself.....has to be the most beautiful car ever........exhaust sounds very similar to the GTS to my untrained ear anyway.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
A really good piece but I still much prefer the 8C. The best thing about the DV are the Maserati bits and the sound from the Maserati bits.

highlander

A really good piece but I still much prefer the 8C. The best thing about the DV are the Maserati bits and the sound from the Maserati bits.

You have no sight.......that is the MOST beautiful car made in the last 40 years Mr B. I know a good optician if you need one?

CatmanV2

Wasn't the disco volante the name of a ship belonging to a James Bind baddie? Forget which film.

Question of the day thread is over there >>>> ;)

Thunderball if memory serves.

And that car is, without doubt, the best looking car ever.

C

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
You have no sight.......that is the MOST beautiful car made in the last 40 years Mr B. I know a good optician if you need one?

Like bollox it is. The rear wheel arch is like a fifty p piece which doesn't compliment the front which has a flat top, and viewed from the front it looks like it's on tip-toes, a bit like an E-type. IMO, the whole flying saucer thing is a bit passé and in that form not particularly well resolved. However, the craftsmanship looks to be superb. Best you visit that good optician, if you can find your way there without a white stick.

Contigo

Sponsor
Greg is older than you Benny! just!!!!!!

I like the DV mainly because of the whole Italian passion thing but agree it is quirky and also like the Zagato designs a very acquired taste.

You can tell it is a touring effort, look at this Bellagio

image.jpg

Contigo

Sponsor
You have only heard mine revving Peter but it sounds much more like mine than the 4200/GS engine.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Visually it does nothing for me. Striking yes, but I'm not a fan. It looks like a mash-up between an 8C, an F-type (from the rear) and a series 4 Alfa Spyder. All of which I prefer.

Aurally though, it sounds great and as Phil said not a million miles from MAF's musical mods.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I completely agree with you Adam, it's striking not beautiful but boy, it sounds great.

Chrisbassett

This is the sound I want next time...tempted to track down whoever made the exhaust, but bet it would cost a pretty penny.

Or I could just go for these...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433014836.403285.jpg