Central London - Car Wash / Mini Valet

Sham83

I live in SE1 and a lot of shops (such as Posh Wash) are based in the West End, which is a pain to get to in traffic. Can anyone recommend a place nearby London Bridge?

I used to go to the place on Druid street (under the arches, off Tower Bridge road) for my old car, but for the new one I want a proper job done with no risk of damage, and I don't mind paying extra.

Wharfside in Canary Wharf was mentioned in one post- does anyone have any experience with them? Also, anyone do theirs at the American carwash company in the City?

Or am I just better off making that trip to the west side of London? By the way, any thoughts on the guys at Posh Wash?

Thanks!

Sham83

judging by the number of views and lack of replies, I can only deduce that either nobody is stupid enough like me to keep their car in Central London or nobody is lazy like me and actually cleans their own car!

CatmanV2

I'm afraid it may be mostly the second. I sometimes *very rarely* let someone else loose on mine, but mostly I drive it dirty....

C

safrane

Im in St Katherines Docks and have used the Swisvax valet place off Jamaica Road.

You have to book a time and its five times the cost of a Kosavan or Polish wash...but the water is clean and so are the cleaning materials.

Take it to a hand wash else where and you may as well ask them to use a Brillow Pad.

Sham83

Im in St Catherines Docks and have used the Swisvax valet place off Jamaica Road.

You have to book a time and its five times the cost of a Kosavan or Polish waah...but the water is clean and so are the cleaning materials.

Take it to a hand wash else where and you may as well ask them to use a Brillow Pad.

thanks. not sure which guys you mean...do you have a name or link? can't seem to find them on Google. I live opposite the river from you in shad thames!

Sham83

cheers. it seems like these guys are serious detailers with prices starting from 400 quid! I'm just looking for something simpler/cheaper (quick wash outside / clean inside) that I can do on a weekly/monthly basis.

BenzDriver

Thanks for the heads up, I will enquire with them

Thanks for this sham as im not too far from you and was wondering the same thing! I will take it to poshwash but not for convenience, so good to know somewhere else local, still £40 a week is gonna add up! Posh wash is half that

Sham83

These guys never got back to me... I am going to try the Wharfside outfit in Canary Wharf which will be easier to get to and they charge 25 quid- it's been recommended by a few guys on PistonHeads. PoshWash seems good value relatively speaking but a pain to get to! Where abouts are you based?

BenzDriver

Hi fella im in Greenwich, so not too far. Only problem with Canary Wharf for me would be coming back through the tunnel right away...wouldn't be ideal. Luckily im still on the hunt so got a little while to make arrangements yet. I do have a mobile guy (who does great detailing too for sensible money) but again £35 a go adds up....although I guess so would fuel to and from poshwash...but id have fun burning it!

Sham83

If you don't mind stop-starting in traffic with an average speed of 5-10mph all the way that is...

toady

Came across this thread through a search, can anyone recommend any new places or is Posh Wash the place to go?

hoyin

I only use posh wash because it means I can park in that car park for free! So yu get a free wash whilst you park your car in a fairly central location!

I usually just use Lellers car wash by Edgware Road. Wouldn't say I recommend it as such it is just convenient when I am commuting. I always am in a queue with Ferrari's, RR and occasionally a Veyron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk